Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The anniversary NSC forgot? 18/8/79 -"Brighton's baptism of fire"

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Got mugged at knife point by a couple of Gooners on the train back to Reading where I lived at the time. Had a match programme so had to claim I was a neutral to save getting cut up! Had already hidden my Albion scarf under my shirt as I could sense trouble was coming-nightmare journey home expecting them to return and do me at any time!:eek:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll do that at the weekend. But why are you asking me if it's OK to put it on Seagulls TV; I don't own the rights! Speaking of which, I forgot to credit Paul Buckle for that wonderful diagram of Stapleton's goal!
Maybe it would be wise to reproduce those credits on STV; I'll scan the relavant page as well.

Ahhh, that would be great. If it's not too much trouble could you scan the pages in and save them as JPEGs rather than GIFs - as JPEGs tend to look better than GIFs in relation to photography?

Many thanks :bowdown:

Yes, I will credit reproduce the credits

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was there. Not the happiest day of my life but I've had many worse.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Remember queuing outside the North Stand at 11.30 for this one. Nearly all games were pay at the gate in those days, even for the biggest of fixtures like Arsenal at home. No fancy 'super fan blue stripe membership' or the like in those days.
It's fair to say, Arsenal rather pissed on our fireworks & ruined our party that day.

Didn't Gerry Ryan miss a sitter in the first few minutes that day as I remember?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here