Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Andrea Orlandi from Swansea' thread (merged)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We lost 3-0 to Swansea in the league cup

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just the sort to bring Cms into a game..... useful pace too by the look of it.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not read the whole thread but saw Naylor tweet yesterday that Orlandi was on a free but then says in the Argus that we've agreed an undisclosed fee ????

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Liking the Orlandi stitch up by the Football League website! Being interviewed at the Amex yesterday,,,

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
deal done and being faxed to FA this morning so he can feature in tomorrow's matchday squad

travelling with the rest of the lads to Burnley I believe

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I wouldn't be surprised if 'international' clearance holds up his debut. Pretty sure it's happened before with players we've signed from Welsh teams.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How do you know such detail?

DM from a twitter contact who appears to be more inside than outside ???
Got a message yesterday to say that Orlandi was at the Amex and later last night confirmation he was travelling with the squad this morning

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Got a message yesterday to say that Orlandi was at the Amex and later last night confirmation he was travelling with the squad this morning

Albion sending a Fax though seems a bit wet wipe info. However, I am sure it's all going through as you say. Can't see him making squad tomorrow though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wouldn't be surprised if 'international' clearance holds up his debut. Pretty sure it's happened before with players we've signed from Welsh teams.

It did with Harley if memory serves.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I think i'll stay sceptical until he actually comes good. After reading what Swansea's Forum members wrote about him in the "orlandi to brighton thread"

"Hope so"

"Fingers Crossed, If he needs a lift let me know. "

"I hope to God that Brighton have got a top notch medical department."

"The medical department should be thanking Orlandi for all the overtime they've earned over the last few years."

"Always liked Orlandi, but too injury prone "

I couldn't be bothered to read the other 12 negative pages. But lets just hope he proves them wrong !..

Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6

Or... he actually said as much in his interview which on the FL App? You don't need an insider to know this!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think i'll stay sceptical until he actually comes good. After reading what Swansea's Forum members wrote about him in the "orlandi to brighton thread"

"Hope so"

"Fingers Crossed, If he needs a lift let me know. "

"I hope to God that Brighton have got a top notch medical department."

"The medical department should be thanking Orlandi for all the overtime they've earned over the last few years."

"Always liked Orlandi, but too injury prone "

I couldn't be bothered to read the other 12 negative pages. But lets just hope he proves them wrong !..

Well, at least we do have a top-notch medical department.

I never worry too much when wingers are called injury prone. The poor buggers are athletes, and targets for thugs to "slow down". Look at our wingers' medical records.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here