Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex & your matchday experience

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Walking off the train and over the bridge, with the stadium looming in front of all. It's a beautiful sight. Made me happy seeing for the first time v Donny, it still makes me happy.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Having so many mates who all now go at once and together, before the AMEX friends would come in dribs and brabs and we were generally spread out around Withdean, Now Pre-Match beers in town getting to the ground and enjoying the football and a few more beers after, great times spent with mates and the AMEX lets it all happen.

still wish there was a bookies, the odd last second accumulator would be great.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Nothing will beat the first game when I walked up the steps to my seat behind the goal. I honesty had a tear in my eye and was speachless. I have moved to the north west corner and love the atmosphere created by the police box crew. My 2 boys look out for 2 spare seats to join in and they are only 8&10

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Upper West Concourse could still do with some additional 'perching' areas for drinks / pies. There's a lot of dead wall space onto which narrow shelves could be added.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What's your favourite part?
I don't know whether it's because I can't get to many games these days, but whenever I turn up at the Amex I'm blown away.
And even though we lost, this Saturday was no different. From the free bus travel, to the friendly and helpful stewards, to the big concourses with plentiful supply of beers and t.v screens, to the artwork and memorabilia on the walls, to the cushioned seats, to the sheer beauty of our stadium and the big crowds, to the nice football on show, to the plush and welcoming bars.
I've even been on the stadium tour and was blown away. I know I don't have to put up with a lot of stuff the regulars have to, I know it's a bit slushy, a bit of a love letter to the club I love (and miss) but I wanted to say it.
Any way, enough of me, what's your favourite part of your matchday experience
The match funnily enough.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's ours, all ours, the whole lot is ours. Tears writing this. It's all ours and it's amongst the best in the world. I went to Peterbourgh to stand up but supporters come to us because it is The Amex and the best.
Only complaint is to put a bus lane on the up ramp from the A27 to the uni roundabout to give the P&R buses priority thus cutting the journey time by 20 mins.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
- The padded seats. How many other clubs outside the Premiership offer padded seats for all visitors.

MK Dons. Particularly helpful for falling asleep mid game which is more often than not the case bearing in mind I cannot recall us having a shot on target whenever we have played there, let alone scoring a goal

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The view when you come towards the Amex on the Falmer Road from Woodingdean - even when the P&R bus is stuck in the god awful traffic which the club do nothing to sort as they consistently give priority to traffic coming from the other side (rant over) - I dont think I'll EVER get tired of that view.

On a Sunny day, it is a magnificent sight. Even on a rainy day, it still looks great. Posting that and looking outside and seeing its a nice day - makes me want to take a trip up there, especially as i won a free drink in Dicks from the Hat-trick lottery on Saturday !!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just being able to sit in the stadium and look around at what is a thing of beauty. I was in Coventry last week with my daughter and stopped at the shops by the Ricoh stadium, which Coventry are no longer playing in, and it was so tatty and boring. St Mary's in Southampton is another IKEA flatpack.

And all other neutrals I have brought along at any point have loved it as well. This is MY football team's stadium we are talking about here.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I just love it. The stadium still blows my mind every game and have to pinch myself that it is ours. The view when you cross the bridge on a match days, seeing streams of people in blue and white, heading towards the most beautiful stadium. I took my niece to her first game on Saturday the look of amazement on her face when we took our seats was priceless.

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
That first glimpse of the stadium. The walk to take our seats-the first look of the pitch, still breath taking. The fact my dad got to sit in my seat before he died. Definitely the montage-still gives me goosebumps. The people around us-such a great bunch-didn't know any of them before the Amex-and the Family Stand DO sing! Lastly, what it took to get us here-that must never be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here