Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Stadium - Not a fortress is it

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
15 games won in 36 home league games since the stadium has opened. I would suggest that is piss poor to be honest. Teams now come here knowing what needs to be done. Home form is key to any success but I feel it's Poyet' bloody mindedness in playing one up front and not having any answer when things are not going right is the main cause of this. Crowds will dwindle fast if this home form continues to be below par. We are in danger of being easy pickings for away points for the opponents because Poyet can't change the set up effectively. On top of that, we are now in danger of losing 2 or 3 key players and if we sell them too cheap and f*** up this transfer window I will get very worried for our short term future as a club with potential.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not a fortress. Judging from today, it's more of a gift shop.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I have sent a telepathic message to Gus "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
As soon as Watford scored today they went straight into a 5-3-2 formation and were very difficult to break down. They don't half know how to counter either.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When half the stadium has left by 85 minutes, it is certainly not a fortress!!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When half the stadium has left by 85 minutes, it is certainly not a fortress!!!!!

It gives an unpleasant answer to the 'Stand or Fall' banner.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind the team, we don't have the fans to make the place a fortress. The mass North Stand bail out today was piss poor, and even the West Stand was outsinging the North Stand at times.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The results at the Amex are a natural part of moving ground,look to other clubs that have moved it really does take time to settle after the euphoria of moving in,this to me does not surprise me but it is so frustrating-

If we can hold our attendances and the team this season or next clicks then so will results and so will the atmosphere

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not quite a fortress but its not as bad as portrayed after one poor game. fortress is about defence, about teams not getting much out of us. i think we conceded 20 goals at home last season and so far 12 this season. 32 goals against is the sort of number a team in the bottom half might expect to concede in one season, not over 1 and half. so its fortress-ish.

the problem is at the other end.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I have sent a telepathic message to Gus "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Tried something different against Millwall (5 -3 - 2 that Watford played today) but it was awful so we went back to the same formation we normally play and pulled it back to 2-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here