Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex conferencing & events money must be rolling in already

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
community_stadium2.jpg

May well go to this.... even though I'm not getting married!! Free Clarins gift bag?! I'm there!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Language courses too...

You will have the first opportunity to experience Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club’s brand new, £100m, 22,000 all-seater stadium on the Falmer campus. During your course, you will get to eat your meals in the prestigious ‘Gold Lounge’.

Also, our classes take place in the amazing hospitality boxes overlooking the pitch at the new AMEX Stadium.

If you want to find out more about the new stadium, click on the video below presented by famour British television sports presenter, Des Lynam.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The recent darts ?world championship? on sky was at the Reebox, I guess the club will put its name forward for those sort of events as well

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
With all these events being booked, will we be playing back at Withdean?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See now I am f***ed.

How can I say to my other half that I want to go to this to see the stadium without her getting all emotional and thinking I have another motive?

Dump her?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Amazing how much difference the new gaff is going to make to the club commercially, I know there has been mention of a large wedding fair booked later in the year, and just noticed this too, amongst other events. This is what we've been missing out on for all these years (I'm talking about revenue, not Michael Portillo....). The income stream from this kind of thing alone is going to be substantial, surely, never mind all of us lot coughing up for season tickets and pies.

28 October 2011, 18:30 - Midnight
Brighton & Hove Stadium, Village Way, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9BL
Book online now

Costs £75.00 Inc. VAT

South Eastern Society of Chartered Accountants
This year our Annual Dinner will be held at the spectacular brand new Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium. We will be joined by Michael Portillo who will be taking questions after his speech.

Why you should attend

This is your opportunity to entertain clients and impress them in the most sought after venue in the South East. Michael Portillo :ohmy: will entertain us with his experiences in politics and TV presenting. You can then relax and unwind to a live band until midnight.

Having a sit down meal and taking to and listening to Chartered Accountants is only marginally more appealing than a hospitality ticket to the Scummers vs Scum league cup 1st round match at the Smellhurst Emporium.

I would probably be found drowned in my soup!

What next Lewes and District Young Lawyers Halloween Ball?

I would get Gwylan a ticket and a gun and see the carnage ensue!

TNBA

TTF

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Having a sit down meal and taking to and listening to Chartered Accountants is only marginally more appealing than a hospitality ticket to the Scummers vs Scum league cup 1st round match at the Smellhurst Emporium.

I would probably be found drowned in my soup!

What next Lewes and District Young Lawyers Halloween Ball?

I would get Gwylan a ticket and a gun and see the carnage ensue!

TNBA

TTF

Quite a few on here are Chartered Accountants, I'll have you know!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I did exactly that about 10ish years ago at Chelsea. We went to a corporate do which was hosted in what was the shed at Stamford Bridge. After plenty of free booze was consumed we decided that simply looking out over the pitch wasn't enough so we set about wandering through various doors to see where we would end up. Eventually after walking down loads of corridors and past tractors and lawn mowers and various other shit you'd expect to find behind the scenes we ended up in the concourse of the stand. Brilliant we thought as we wondered out into the stand and just a short jaunt down to the pitch until we realised we'd ended up in the top tier.

I once went to a corporate shindig that included a five-a-side tournament on the pitch at Stamford Bridge. That was quite an experience, particularly changing in the dressing room.

According to the headteacher at my kids' school, they're hoping to have the school football tournament at the Amex next year - as the tournament is run with the help of the Albion, I imagine that this is not entirely wishful thinking. It would make the Parents v Teachers match even more entertaining.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was once at an event at Portman road in the conference sueyite which overlooks the pitch. We were told in no uncertain terms, do not go on the pitch.

3 hours and many drinks laters, suit jackets were laid down for goal posts (ipswich had played the last home game of the season the sat before so no goals) a ball was found and a small game started. One guy even stripped down to the waist and somersaulted in front of an imaginary bunch of fans when he scored.

This lasted all of 5 minutes before stadium staff went absolutely mental and kicked us off and nearly out of the stadium altogether - trust me, when you see a pitch that nice after a few beers in a stadium like that (or even better the Amex) its tough to stay off the grass

A mate had his 40th birthday fancy dress party in one of the suites at the the Madjedski stadium and bearing in mind that four of us went as Fozzie, you would have thought a quick kick around was on the cards. However a quick peak through the curtains revealed that as season just ended they had dug up the whole pitch and it was just a swathe of sandy looking mud populated by huge dumped trucks.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A mate had his 40th birthday fancy dress party in one of the suites at the the Madjedski stadium and bearing in mind that four of us went as Fozzie, you would have thought a quick kick around was on the cards. However a quick peak through the curtains revealed that as season just ended they had dug up the whole pitch and it was just a swathe of sandy looking mud populated by huge dumped trucks.

Like the old Baseball ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here