Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex conferencing & events money must be rolling in already

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing how much difference the new gaff is going to make to the club commercially, I know there has been mention of a large wedding fair booked later in the year, and just noticed this too, amongst other events. This is what we've been missing out on for all these years (I'm talking about revenue, not Michael Portillo....). The income stream from this kind of thing alone is going to be substantial, surely, never mind all of us lot coughing up for season tickets and pies.

28 October 2011, 18:30 - Midnight
Brighton & Hove Stadium, Village Way, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9BL
Book online now

Costs £75.00 Inc. VAT

South Eastern Society of Chartered Accountants
This year our Annual Dinner will be held at the spectacular brand new Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium. We will be joined by Michael Portillo who will be taking questions after his speech.

Why you should attend

This is your opportunity to entertain clients and impress them in the most sought after venue in the South East. Michael Portillo :ohmy: will entertain us with his experiences in politics and TV presenting. You can then relax and unwind to a live band until midnight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Baby Expo Brighton Baby Show
Baby Expo Brighton - The premium parenting event and baby show for the SE corner, sponsors include Early Years Childcare, The NCT, Sing & Sign and Diddidance. Exhibitor sectors from pre-conception to primary. Cbeebies Phil Gallagher from Mister Maker, Jo Tantum - Prima’s Sleep Expert as seen on ITV Daybreak, special guests, parenting seminars, trial classes, Natural Parenting Zone, Meet the Midwives, Buggy Demo area, Flexible Working Zone, Innovation Alley, Packed entertainment programme. Media Partners - ABC, Kids4media.com and Heart. Bouncy castles, facepainters, petting zoo and more!

10am-4.30pm £3 per ticket, £5 per couple - book in advance, amazing prizes!

THE NEW AMERICAN EXPRESS COMMUNITY STADIUM East Sussex BN1 9BL
Sunday 13 November

Website: BabyExpo BabyShows! Next event - November 13th 2011, American Express Community Stadium, Brighton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The first event at the new ground, according to their claim, is the Brighton & Hove St George's Day Charity Summer Luncheon on Friday 8th July.

They normally have their bash on the Friday closest to April 23rd at the Metropole. This year, they've decided to wait and bagsy first go in the new stadium.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mmm. Chartered Accountants, that'l be lively then!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, it appears as though you'll be falling over suit wearing types if you turn up at the stadium on a non-match day. Starting surprisingly soon too, no wonder they're stocking up those bars.

IFAs - NEW IHT MITIGATION & ESTATE PLANNING SEMINARS 2011

The WAY Group Newsletter for Financial Advisers | June 2011
IFA invitation to our IHT Mitigation & Estate Planning seminars: choose from four locations in June and July 2011.

To find out more, you are invited to attend a seminar at one of the following venues:

Tuesday, 12th July - Amex Stadium, Brighton Football Club, Village Way, Falmer, BN1 9BL

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My company has signed up for the Christmas parties being held at the ground, can't wait. I have images of us trying to break on to the pitch for a kick around. I can post the flyer later if anyone interested.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Only if he's out and about with Di, or some other bloke from his old school. :rolleyes:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
community_stadium2.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I wouldn't mind betting that in a few years time the club will make more money from these sort of events than from football itself.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Sussex Food and Drinks Awards has chosen the new American Express (AMEX) Community Stadium to host its 2011/12 event on 26 January 2012.

It is the first awards event booked at the Brighton-based venue and will feature a champagne and ale reception, and seven-course banquet produced by the venue’s head chef Fred Tobin, made from local produce.

The Sussex Food and Drink Awards is in its sixth year and will be hosted by BBC Sussex’s Danny Pike.

The AMEX Community Stadium is due to open in July.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My company has signed up for the Christmas parties being held at the ground, can't wait. I have images of us trying to break on to the pitch for a kick around. I can post the flyer later if anyone interested.

I did exactly that about 10ish years ago at Chelsea. We went to a corporate do which was hosted in what was the shed at Stamford Bridge. After plenty of free booze was consumed we decided that simply looking out over the pitch wasn't enough so we set about wandering through various doors to see where we would end up. Eventually after walking down loads of corridors and past tractors and lawn mowers and various other shit you'd expect to find behind the scenes we ended up in the concourse of the stand. Brilliant we thought as we wondered out into the stand and just a short jaunt down to the pitch until we realised we'd ended up in the top tier.

Obviously our poking about had been picked up on CCTV and sure enough a security guard appeared. Cue a scene from a scooby doo cartoon where we were running in and out of blocks being chased by said security guard. Needless to say when we were eventually caught we were slung out of the ground and the corporate do. Didn't go too well the following day at work but it did get a mention at the end of year awards at our Christmas party.

Ahhhhhhh the dot com boom......happier times!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't spotted this one before:

Wonka Party!

My God. I just clicked on that link. If only other teams knew the Albion were hosting events with names like "The Chocolate Factory" :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009

I was once at an event at Portman road in the conference suite which overlooks the pitch. We were told in no uncertain terms, do not go on the pitch.

3 hours and many drinks laters, suit jackets were laid down for goal posts (ipswich had played the last home game of the season the sat before so no goals) a ball was found and a small game started. One guy even stripped down to the waist and somersaulted in front of an imaginary bunch of fans when he scored.

This lasted all of 5 minutes before stadium staff went absolutely mental and kicked us off and nearly out of the stadium altogether - trust me, when you see a pitch that nice after a few beers in a stadium like that (or even better the Amex) its tough to stay off the grass

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Football match at Amex Falmer Stadium

Sussex University vs Brighton and Hove Albion All Stars

This special football match will be hosted by the AmEx stadium. Watch our Sussex 11 battle it out with a specially created Brighton and Hove Albion all stars team.

Date: Sunday 11th September
Time: 14:00 - 16:00

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here