Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX and BML2

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I would love to see this scheme happen but won't hold my breath. OK the Govt has already given the green light to a number of other schemes that will create more capacity on existing rail lines across the UK so maybe there are grounds for thinking this has slightly more than a snowballs chance in hell of happening, but I tend to agree there are still way too many obstacles to BML2.

My first thought was ok won't the additional trains just create more of a bottle neck around East Croydon? Then the cost projections seem very optimistic especially for the tunnel elements but above all won't the good citizens of Lewes District and the National Park Authority put the proposal into the sidings? Will they really want new rail lines approaching the tunnel carving through the Downs and then emerging in the Ouse Valley?

The cost of upgrading the existing track from Uckfield seems rather optimistic too. Can ESCC still afford the £££'s it promised for a new bridge on the A26 west of Uckfield?

I think there is more chance of us seeing trains running from HH to East Grinstead via Ardingly on the Bluebell line well before BML2 ever happens.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We could get young offenders and asylum seekers to dig the tunnel, just give them a pick and shovel. :moo:

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
It would definitely be good for the club :bhasign: and surely in the clubs intrest to support it, regardless of whether it will/could happen

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I think it's all done by satellite now isn't it?

Trains with SATNAV - utterly ludicrous. If they leave the track you won't need a Sat nav telling you that they're 'recalculating'.............

That's assuming they can actually lock-on to a viable signal in the cuttings that surround Falmer station.

I know this happens at Balcombe going northbound already, but it is STILL prone to human error, in this case the error being that the driver can't get a Satellite lock, and is unable to open ANY doors at all, untill he gets north of Falmer station, where, guess what, there's no platform - so all you happy campers end up being disgorged at Lewes instead. Thereby missing the first half............

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Agreed, a lot of people said Famer wouldn't happen... :ascarf::amex:

So BML2 within the next 14years then... ??? With the railway being sold and a BK built in its place...ready for Brighton underground then................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here