Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex - A Palace point of view.

PalaceKing

Sep 28, 2011
Not really sure what it proves. A lot of people drink lager at football grounds, I bet even Brighton probably has more lager drinkers than ale drinkers. Personally, I was on the Pride because I prefer it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I hope we didn't run out of beer in their end,we should be taking them fuckers for every penny we can get.

PalaceKing

Sep 28, 2011
I fully agree Bright on Q. End of the day we had 2200 fans there and you could have made a fair bit more cash if your catering was better organised. Not sure if you use an outside caterer or if its inhouse but either way it was shockingly badly set up.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yes you are. You chucked rocks at old men and women at the train station. You started countless fights around the stadium. You threw bottles at passing Palace fans outside the pubs.

You're a disgrace.

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yes you are. You chucked rocks at old men and women at the train station. You started countless fights around the stadium. You threw bottles at passing Palace fans outside the pubs.

You're a disgrace.

no one was throwing rocks, merely returning the ones you filthy palace cvnts crawled out from under

tony.lown

Sep 28, 2011
as a palace fan i think there is more plusses to the amex i can only think off two bad things 1) the massive gap behind away end was a bit strange and didnt help accoustics 2) we could hardly hear north stand.

on brighter note the food was lovely the seats were amazing well comfy and the leg room was unreal. the toilets was different quality to wat were used to lol and over all great stadium.

i didnt really see the coloured light but the is a bulb above disabled area in away end that keep flickering was getting right on my tits lol

sorry for some of our moran fans for wrecking some seats and watever they done in the toilets

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I fully agree Bright on Q. End of the day we had 2200 fans there and you could have made a fair bit more cash if your catering was better organised. Not sure if you use an outside caterer or if its inhouse but either way it was shockingly badly set up.

Thats a issue that Brighton supporters are very much aware of. The service so far has not been fit for purpose.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
and watever they done in the toilets

Don't worry, I went into the loo in the West Stand and some twat had flooded the toilet and pissed round the whole ring, rendering it unusable. Not sure why people can't control their privates or clean up after themselves.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
as a palace fan i think there is more plusses to the amex i can only think off two bad things 1) the massive gap behind away end was a bit strange and didnt help accoustics 2) we could hardly hear north stand.

I hadnt thought about it but I only heard your fans when the scoreline started to change.

I thought there were more problems than usual with catering, running out of beer in home end etc. Prob because people chose to get to ground rather than travel late and have to endure the idiots.

On the football front we've been erratic over last 3 games I think and hope we will get better.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Not going to talk about the result because it will only start trouble.

My view of the amex.

Good points - Looks fantastic from the outside, not as good from the inside but still looks good. The noise you can create in there is fantastic as well. Big screens were a good viewing.

Bad points - Who's idea was it to put the away end on the far side from the station? The station was a joke but the police did not help things. The Pink and Blue lighting under the stand was a failure. Run out of beer before kick-off oh and shit stewards who took a Palace fan through the home end. :facepalm:

Sort those things out and its a good stadium.

Hiya Nige me old mucker how was the HEDGEHOG PIE last night when you got home ???

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Not really sure what it proves. A lot of people drink lager at football grounds, I bet even Brighton probably has more lager drinkers than ale drinkers. Personally, I was on the Pride because I prefer it.

What you were down in August as well

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think that the caterers and other suppliers have been caught out by how high the demand has been for food and drink.

For example, it was recently reported that after the first few games (can't remember how many at that point it was) they had sold 40,000 pints of Harveys at the ground which is more than Harveys had sold in pubs over the equivilant timeframe around Sussex and that they were struggling to brew enough to supply enough. There was an early game where they sold all of Saturdays stock and most of the next games stock too (Tuesday) due to high demand and again were struggling to get enough to the ground ready for the Tuesday fixture. If this has been repeated elsewhere then there could well be similar experiences for the suppliers of the pies and other beers too.

They probably came up with figures based on sales at other grounds they run the catering at however as there is a lack of other outlets in the surrounding area i expect that they have dramatically underestimated how many will eat and drink at the Amex. They will have a better idea now so will slowly start to be able to judge how much stock they need better and also be able to produce / source it quicker to meet the demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here