Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amazing new spiderman ,really ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sorry but I just don't get it after the excellent Toby mcquire spiderman trilogy
What's the point of rebooting the whole story all over again I'm not saying the new version is bad but it's virtually the same story if the last lot of films were really bad and on the cinema about 30 years ago I'd have said yeah let's update it because the old version is so dated but it's not it was only a few years ago
Have they really run out of ideas in the good ol USA to keep remaking films
It's just the same as the BBC saying right let's do Only fools & horses all over again and use different actors and new locations what would be the point
Who would play Del Boy in the new version Danny Dyer :facepalm:
And James cordon as Rodney :nono:

And to think I'm missing Boardwalk empire so the kids can watch this rubbish :facepalm:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
To be honest it's a whole web of lies

I see what you did there. Very good. But this sort of superhero shit never really has bothered me. Nor with Sci-Fi. The recent Batman was the only film I've actually enjoyed. Not really enjoyed Star Wars either, some of it is good, others are alright.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The third in the original trilogy was shockingly awful.

The thing with superheroes is that there are so many different versions of the same character that they can reboot and change things so that it's still the same character but things are different (ie Gwen Stacy not MJ, webshooters that have been built by Peter Parker not organic)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's partly to do with retaining the rights. If they don't make a spider-man movie for a set period of time, the rights revert back to Marvel. Now that Marvel have their own studio, it would be too expensive to buy the rights again (especially with a lot of marvel film fans clamouring for spider-man to join the avengers - which can only currently happen if Marvel get the rights back or they come to an agreement with Sony).

It's also partly to do with Sam Raimi and Toby maguire not wanting to return to continue their story, and bringing in a new director who wanted to treat the story in his own way (which brings it tonally in line with the hugely successful Nolan Batman movies.

It's not bad, but part of Spider-man is his bright, colourful character, so turning him dark and moody is a little out of step. The film was good in its own right, but was trying too hard to be a spider-man version of batman.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I agree with the above posters it's not a bad film but I can't get my head around that the story is still fresh in my mind so why am I watching another version so soon

And I'm missing Kirsten dunst
(and yes the 3rd film was a bit lame )

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
[yt]Db2Ctlvw1FY[/yt]

The third was a massive pile of turd, the new one was decent enough but its summed up brilliantly in this parody.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They do it because it is virtually guaranteed to make money because comic book geeks will watch any crap they spew out and also comic book geeks tend to have a fair amount of disposable income as they don't tend to have relationships/kids etc. This is actually all factored into potential audience figures. I watched the first of th ones that came out a few years back, thought it was dogshit and won't be bothering with them. I don't rate Superhero films anyway, only decent one in recent years has been The Dark Knight, only the first one though, 2nd two were gash gash mcgash.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Batman is NOT a superhero he has NO powers. Costumed vigilante is more appropriate.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What that film did not need was another origin story as lets face it we all know how he got his powers.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Any good hero superhero film needs a good supervillain. To have the Lizard so shitly graphicked in that last Spiderman was an embarrassment. And in all honestly was never an interesting villain anyhow. Scraping the barrel really to find a nemesis worthy of even mentioning. If a film's to make a buck though, they'll get the camera's rolling and churn out more drabbery.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Comic book hero then.

He has a super amount of money to waste and spend though. Maybe his power is to brainwash bank managers and finance ministers to fund the building of his next nuclear crab suit to beat the underwater Iranians he's to trounce in the name of guilty justice.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has a super amount of money to waste and spend though. Maybe his power is to brainwash bank managers and finance ministers to fund the building of his next nuclear crab suit to beat the underwater Iranians he's to trounce in the name of guilty justice.

No it was left to him by his parents :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here