Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Alternative Giraffe Tracker

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't doubt the dullard for a second - he knows his onions. But, again, you missed the point that Project Potter and Ashworth seeks to break that rule.

Are we though? Or is the plan to incrementally increase the budget available through good, well timed sales while also maximising the existing talent to perform to the top end of the current budget?

Overshooting the budget year in year out is virtually impossible, selling players for top dollar bought cheaply and using that surplus to increase the budget is still bloody difficult but slightly more achievable especially if you have a good recruitment team and a coach who can improve players...

The current Leicester budget is considerably higher than ours but boosted in no small part by their sales on Kante, Drinkwater, Maguire and Chilwell. It takes time but it is the best chance to bridge the gap...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are we though? Or is the plan to incrementally increase the budget available through good, well timed sales while also maximising the existing talent to perform to the top end of the current budget?

Overshooting the budget year in year out is virtually impossible, selling players for top dollar bought cheaply and using that surplus to increase the budget is still bloody difficult but slightly more achievable especially if you have a good recruitment team and a coach who can improve players...

The current Leicester budget is considerably higher than ours but boosted in no small part by their sales on Kante, Drinkwater, Maguire and Chilwell. It takes time but it is the best chance to bridge the gap...

I'm sure there's a bit of that to it to be fair. It makes sense that developing someone like Biss or Sanchez or White (two "youth " products and a relatively low priced gamble from France) and selling them for mega bucks will put more in the coffers - so, incidentally will finishing higher up the table, thanks to prize money and likely televised games. The "exceeding the budget" thing is a quote I actually remember coming from someone at the club when interviewed about Potter. I'm not sure I'll find it but it quite possibly an Ashworth quote.

D

Deleted member 2719

In other words you don't have it and are guessing.

In other words, I can not be arsed.

I've predicted loads of stuff, some right and some wrong. Happy to admit I was wrong on this now it's actually happened. Which it hadn't after Leeds.

Good on you.:thumbsup:

Laughable. He's had three wins, got to 100 poles and is leading the Championship. But in case you forgot you insisted to the whole F1 thread that he wasn't going to re-sign for Mercedes and your source was impeccable. And that's the difference. I made an incorrect prediction. Humans do that all the time which is why bookies are rich. You insisted you were ITK on something that didn't happen. Everyone on the F1 thread will remember it.

I am pretty sure I admitted the source let me down, you will never know how close it was though, but I do. Yes, I got that wrong.

Bookies are rich because the punter predicts something they have zero to no control over, I never bet on anything unless I have a 90% chance of nailing it.

No, it would have been funny if it wasn't so fist eatingly cringe. And wrong.

You clearly have never run your own business then, you never treat your customers with contempt as they are the people that pay you, there is always a solution.

But this is where I have the biggest issue, both as a moderator and a post writer. You push these things deliberately right to the edge (or are too thick to understand the implication of what you've typed to rile "lefties") and then play the victim when you're called out.

This is where I overwhelmingly have the biggest issue too. I know where to draw the line and I wasn't deliberately pushing it to the edge. It was totally read out of all context because certain posters had been trying to label me a racist because of my slight right of centre views. Let's face it, there are a few on here who love to gather around and stick the boot in numbers, just because they want me banned. Take the ban mouldy boots that was tagged all over NSC for example...........I mean why would you? Did they get banned for doing that?

For the record when I meant branding it was ALL covid idiots, not just jews. I do not look at their colour or their race just the fact they were potentially killing hundreds if not thousand by gathering in such large numbers.

I label it as common sense, not racism.

I say an alternative view to the left and they get upset and riled? What's that all about, it's just politics surely?

Answer in Bold and let's call this the end of it and maybe a level playing field in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here