Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 24th March

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's one of those half-decent shows again where Al & Ady don't say much... :clap2:

So, tune in from 12 midday on Radio Reverb 97.2FM or at RadioReverb | Community Radio | Brighton,UK: Home or pick it up later on iTunes or at Albion Roar | Unofficial Brighton Hove Albion Football Club Radio Show

This week, Martin Perry, erstwhile Chief Executive and soon-(well 2 1/2 years)-to-be erstwhile planning guru, tells us where we're at regarding planning applications at Lancing and for the stadium expansion/car park etc. And he indicates to us how much the bus and train costs have been. Ouch.

We recorded it on Wednesday, and there was loads of stuff we didn't get round to covering, though there was plenty of stuff we did talk about - but we will get him back in before he finally breaks out the pipe and slippers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'll be interested to hear the numbers regarding the train and bus costs, I know travel vouchers aren't to everyones taste, but if thousands are abusing the current system, the club has to make a decision. We won't be the only club providing subsidised transport in its match ticket will we?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'll be interested to hear the numbers regarding the train and bus costs, I know travel vouchers aren't to everyones taste, but if thousands are abusing the current system, the club has to make a decision. We won't be the only club providing subsidised transport in its match ticket will we?

Actually, we were running out of time, and it was the very last thing that was said. No details, just a headline summary.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
This weeks truly ghastly shirt of the week from www.oldfootballshirts.com is this little number
football_shirt_6850_1_600x560x0.jpg

Mar 22, 2012
I have it on good authority that of the reason that KEN BROWN has retired, is related to the \'banned fan-gate\' incident reffered to on another thread. Could you confirm this, and also could you confirm that KEN BROWN refused to shake the hand of the said \'banned fan\' at the start of an interview before the new year during a meeting - I know Perry is not KB but if he knows why he refused to shake his hand before all the facts came out, it would be much appreciated.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Listened to the podcast this afternoon as we travelled to Derbyshire for an overnight prior to tomorrows match. A really engaging show I have to say, well worth a listen, certainly gives a little insight into the real runnings of our club. MP should never be forgotten, a legend, and a hero to all Albion fans. : clap:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brilliant show lads, just listened to it, very insightful.

Edit: The bit where Martin says the steel is already being fabricated in Northern Ireland, the seats have been ordered and Buckingham are waiting for the go ahead, means without a shadow of a doubt we will be a 27k stadium come the new season.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have it on good authority that of the reason that KEN BROWN has retired, is related to the \'banned fan-gate\' incident reffered to on another thread. Could you confirm this, and also could you confirm that KEN BROWN refused to shake the hand of the said \'banned fan\' at the start of an interview before the new year during a meeting - I know Perry is not KB but if he knows why he refused to shake his hand before all the facts came out, it would be much appreciated.

I don't believe you have anything on "good authority", especially as you can't read that the show was recorded on Wednesday.

Fuc
King
Hell

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Everest, I have the feeling that is a 2nd account WUM, no one could possibly write that drivel and actually mean it/believe it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Everest, I have the feeling that is a 2nd account WUM, no one could possibly write that drivel and actually mean it/believe it.

I know Phil. Sid?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Listened to it yesterday, some very interesting stuff about the transport usage on there, not too mention the growing excitement of Lancing florists at the impending arrival of the new training ground. I can think of fewer well deserved retirements than that of Martin Perry a true Albion legend who can look back with pride at what he has helped to achieve over the past 15 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here