Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 18th August

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Can a greater advertising revenue be had from one electronic perimeter ads board that shows just one product for an allotted period of time, also makes the stadia look quite good.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Does make you wonder if Mr Barber has been properly briefed on taking up the job (or better still has bothered to find out for himself) that a key element in managing the post-match transport issues at the Amex is to encourage fans to stay back, savour a pie and a pint or two while the crowds gradually disperse? Surely this is even more vital with our 30k capacity. I do hope that Barber is a 'listen to the fans' rather than ruthless 'couldn't give a s**t' type.

Secondly what role, if any, he may have in the transfer dealings and why (so far) we appear to have had trouble signing forwards of the right calibre to enable us to contend for promotion to the Premiership?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If you could just mention the figure £538.20 to him that would be great.

This equates to 3 pints each per game for 2 people who will in future be drinking in Lewes before and after each game.

They'll still get the £179.40 for the ONE at half time, so it's not all bad.

Could double that as virtually same situation here this season, only be in Hastings/on train not Lewes

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And for the record I *still* don't get why people think it's ok to be ripped off at concerts, sports events etc. That's something else I've read on here: "You always pay over-the-odds at these events so what's the problem?" f***'s sake why are we always so willing to bend over and get shafted?

Indeed. I seem to remember Jordan justifying prices at Palace by saying you pay more for the opera.

Unless you are my parents, you don't go to the opera more than a handful of times a season and you also get reviews and know whether your money is going to be well spent.

I'd rather the club set a trend along the lines of being suitable pricing. I would rather languish in a league outside the Premier wotsit, if it meant paying sensible prices for everything.

Without wishing to turn this in to an economic war, currently, I get paid about £30 a day, after tax. Granted, I could not buy a ticket and I probably wouldn't be missed.
Why should someone doing, potentially, a life changing role earn less than a footballer?

Why is someone like Mark McCammon earning as much as the Prime Minister?

I don't feel comfortable with where we are and where we are heading.

Young players brought in and buying houses in prime parts of Brighton!

It is not a jealousy thing. After almost a decade of struggling with depression, I am happy with my lot. It is a sense and sensibility thing.

The same applies to actors, tennis players and what-have-you.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Can a greater advertising revenue be had from one electronic perimeter ads board that shows just one product for an allotted period of time, also makes the stadia look quite good.

This will only happen when/if BHAFC get to the Premiership, as each Premiership game gets streamed across the world to the million of viewers. The pitch side perimeter space is very lucrative space, once you get to the Premiership all the 'big' companies want exposure across the globe. All the time BHAFC are playing in the Championship, the club is only getting an average of two or three minutes each week on the BBC League Show highlights.
The electronic boards are quite expensive to install, as the boards have to be positioned across three sides of the whole of the pitch. I can't remember too many Championships clubs having them last season - West Ham has them, probably from the previous year in the Premiership.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Sorry mate but I think those things look shite.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You've probably got all of these anyway, but just in case...

1. Which football team does Paul Barber support?

2. How many times a season does Paul Barber go to see his team?

3. What 3 things would Paul Barber change to improve the match day experience of the average fan at the club he supports?

4. Can Paul Barber please detail his involvement in the day to day football side of the Albion (Hopefully none, but it would be good to know that)

5. Brighton & Hove Albion are unique - we all know that. Can Paul Barber please let us know in what ways he believes our club is unique?

6. Who is Paul Barber's favouritest ever past Albion player, and why?

7. When Paul Barber joined Vancouver he said his top priority was to build a new training centre. When he left they still didn't have one. Does he consider this a failure?

8. When Paul Barber joined Vancouver he said he would make them “one of the top 25 clubs in the world”. Were Vancouver in the top 25 when he left? If so, by what metrics?

9. Paul Barber left Vancouver to, in his own words, take on his "next challenge". He then cropped up at Coventry for a month or two. Was that the challenge he left Vancouver for?

10. Why does Paul Barber think he was so unpopular with the Vancouver fanbase?

11. Can Paul Barber please tell us at least 3 things that will be better about the Albion for the average fan because of his involvement in the club?

12. Can Paul Barber please detail the objectives of his role, how they are measured and how he intends to achieve them?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You've probably got all of these anyway, but just in case...

1. Which football team does Paul Barber support?

2. How many times a season does Paul Barber go to see his team?

3. What 3 things would Paul Barber change to improve the match day experience of the average fan at the club he supports?

4. Can Paul Barber please detail his involvement in the day to day football side of the Albion (Hopefully none, but it would be good to know that)

5. Brighton & Hove Albion are unique - we all know that. Can Paul Barber please let us know in what ways he believes our club is unique?

6. Who is Paul Barber's favouritest ever past Albion player, and why?

7. When Paul Barber joined Vancouver he said his top priority was to build a new training centre. When he left they still didn't have one. Does he consider this a failure?

8. When Paul Barber joined Vancouver he said he would make them “one of the top 25 clubs in the world”. Were Vancouver in the top 25 when he left? If so, by what metrics?

9. Paul Barber left Vancouver to, in his own words, take on his "next challenge". He then cropped up at Coventry for a month or two. Was that the challenge he left Vancouver for?

10. Why does Paul Barber think he was so unpopular with the Vancouver fanbase?

11. Can Paul Barber please tell us at least 3 things that will be better about the Albion for the average fan because of his involvement in the club?

12. Can Paul Barber please detail the objectives of his role, how they are measured and how he intends to achieve them?

That is more like an appraisal, at least an hours worth

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nice.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
But in fairness you go there a only a couple of times a year. Not 23 times minimum. Even a small increase starts adding up through the season. I'm not as angry as some about the beer and programmes going up but I'd quite like to hear the reasoning behind it from the horse's mouth as it were.

Does anybody actually know how the azure contract works ?
Who sets / has final say on food + drink prices - azure or bha ?
Who banks the profit from the increase in food + drink prices - azure or bha ?

At fdm's testimonial I bought something (can't remember what) and was charged more than the price actually displayed. My understanding and experience is that the retailer can only charge the marked/displayed price - even if it is wrong ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Especially he needs it drummed into him the the ALBION IS UNIQUE. As Bozza said. We are all things Albion and Sussex. We are proud of our area and our heritage. So Keep Harvey and Dark Star, no matter how much money Carlsberg throw at him. We can grow, we can expand, but we must stay Sussex and Brighton.
With that in mind, I'd like to know what Mr Barber thinks of the recent Cardiff City colour change?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This this this this this this this

They worsen the match watching experience for a significant number of supporters in the ground.

They make me feel sea-sick. I'm not joking either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here