Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - 15th October - Tony Bloom

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Why doesn't he just set up his own gambling company again and only work at the Amex? That'd be sweet.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Ask him if poor quality burgers and slow waits for food will hinder our expansion plans please?

Quality not quantity right?

Fk Me, some people will moan about anything, New Ground Promoted as Champs, new training academy on its way, great manager, chariman that listens, the brightest future this club has ever seen, "But its not fair I had to wait for my burger, Mummy I dont want to queue up"

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Fk Me, some people will moan about anything, New Ground Promoted as Champs, new training academy on its way, great manager, chariman that listens, the brightest future this club has ever seen, "But its not fair I had to wait for my burger, Mummy I dont want to queue up"

Whoosh

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tony - would you be willing to employ me in some sort of capacity that ensures I spend much of the day with you and get to travel to and from Australia? If not, I'll settle for something less demanding on you.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Bit of an historical question but what impressed him about Gus when we were looking for a new manager?

Also, where does he see the club in five years both on and off the pitch?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Was it the case that he and the board wanted murry to stay or was it left to gus in the end to make the call . Does he think that cms and murry would of made one hell of a strike force

Feb 14, 2010
Hello can you raise transport:-

1. Parking. There is plenty of parking 15 minutes walk from the ground. Coldean is fine but the other side of the Lewes road has no parking signs. It makes no sense.
2. Trains- Short term, stewards are needed to make people move down so all the trains that leave are as full as they can be. Also, can shuttle trains be run if an engine is put at both ends of the train. Long term, the station needs to double in size. yes I know cost but that is what is needed, how it is funded is I know the question.
3. Bus - Perhaps some shuttle buses can be run into Brighton station, perhaps leaving from the Southern Water part of the A27

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Christ he is the chairman not the transport manager

Feb 14, 2010
Christ he is the chairman not the transport manager

Which means that he might want to hear from the fans about the problems that need solving so that he can ask his transport manager why he didnt come up with some of the solutions proposed. Well I would, at the same time as I called in the transport manager for a meeting to discuss his future.

Hello can you raise transport:-

1. Parking. There is plenty of parking 15 minutes walk from the ground. Coldean is fine but the other side of the Lewes road has no parking signs. It makes no sense.
2. Trains- Short term, stewards are needed to make people move down so all the trains that leave are as full as they can be. Also, can shuttle trains be run if an engine is put at both ends of the train. Long term, the station needs to double in size. yes I know cost but that is what is needed, how it is funded is I know the question.
3. Bus - Perhaps some shuttle buses can be run into Brighton station, perhaps leaving from the Southern Water part of the A27

Which means that he might want to hear from the fans about the problems that need solving so that he can ask his transport manager why he didnt come up with some of the solutions proposed. Well I would, at the same time as I called in the transport manager for a meeting to discuss his future.

1) The "NO Parking" on the Moulscombe side of the Lewes Road is down to Brighton & Hove City Council not BHA.
2) The loco configuration/availability and station length (done to death on NSC) are down to Southern, the rail operator - what'd be in it for them btw?
3) Southern Water are not interested in letting BHA use their facility - Martin Perry confirmed this at the Racecourse P&R Planning Meeting on June 29th.

The first transport manager (Steven Reeves) has only been on board since mid-late August 2011, most of those responsible for the transport management plan, including Bennett's Field, Trains, P&R etc etc have been around either as club management or major shareholders since the original stadium planning application was submitted in 2002.

A few Q's Al:

1) When TB became majority shareholder and was elected chairman in May 2009 he was quoted (it wasn't NSC) as saying that the Club must be self-financing when it moved to the new stadium.
Apart from the capital costs associated with stadium build/commissioning and the proposed Academy facilty at Lancing, will this be achieved in the current financial year? If not, and self-financing is club policy, when does the Board expect this objective to be met?
2) What are the major hurdles to be overcome before a planning application to increase the Amex stadium capacity is submitted and what, if any, are they? For example, has the concern raised during the Racecourse P&R Planning Committee Meeting that P&R does not constitute "sustainable transport" been resolved?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Was the decision to offer Poyet his first managerial position based on conversations with trusted people in the game? Or an educated punt?

Has John Stephenson's departure resulted in a rethink of our scouting policy, or been as a result of a change in direction?

What would constitute success in terms of the future academy?

Are there aspects of the club's operations off the field that you'd like to develop and improve further?

And ask whether Tony would be happy to offer one good betting tip in each programme!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here