Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion next season

Erratic start with the odd good win but a few nightmares. Find our feet in the autumn only to drift off the pace again by christmas. Fight our way out of the bottom 10 but knackered by the end of the season, poor run in leaves us 14th. If only we'd been able to attract a proven goal scorer pre-season blah blah blah.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
depends who we can get in , at the moment we are still going to struggle to get goals so

Up and down form for first 2 months , taking points in tough games and getting rolled over by aleedgedly worse teams.

Finding our feat in November and hovering in lower mid table till May with a few good runs , a few bad runs but always doing enough to not really be concerned with relagation.

If we get a decent target man / goalscorer in the no reason why we cant flirt with the play offs at some point + perhaps an LDV wembley appearance

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think we'll struggle. The quality in that division seems to be much better now and if you look at the play off side and I think it's better than this squad. We needed a clearout in the summer (the man at the top to start with). Mickey's midfield needs replacing too. They have been great servants but age has caught up with them.

I would be suprised if we finished in the top half.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like Gillingham this year. Struggle to find our feet to start with. Flirting with the bottom 6 at Christmas, meaning no contract renewal for McGhee. Change at the top, slowly move up the table, great run at the end and miss out on the play offs.

Yep I would say the same.

But if MM contract is renewed because him and DK are surgically entwined cock and anus then relegation beckons.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Icy Gull said:

What is your minimum realistic requirement as an Albion fan for next season and do you believe it is achievable with MM and DW in charge.

Decent food in the southstand, and we wont acheive that with DK and MM in charge! :jester:

Oh, and a play-off place would be nice!

Tom Hark said:
Minimum requirements are mid-table mediocrity.

Who's disappointed that someone has spelt that word correctly - it's not right somehow :(

I expect us to be top half most of the season and finish strongly inside the top 10 as the team and the young players develop over the season. But if we get the experienced forward we need, I think we will edge into the play-offs.

I sadly find myself wearily agreeing with those who say promotion is not an all-encompassing priority. I'm not convinced Albion fans really find the grinding nature of hanging on for dear life at the bottom end of the Championship that rewarding (a shame because the big stadiums over the past two years were ace). I think more regular wins in the upper reaches of League 1 might cheer more people up as we doggedly complete the draining drawn-out Falmer fight.

With that in mind, I just want to see the youth develop, Lynch is virtually there in having arrived as a classy player, Gatting hopefully will make it soon and if one other can just break through, like Fraser as a holding midfielder or Chamberlain as a playmaker, I would class that as a rewarding season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here