Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion next season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is MM going to embarass the Jobs (biblical reference) or are the many Outers about to be proved right as to his uselesness?

What is your minimum realistic requirement as an Albion fan for next season and do you believe it is achievable with MM and DW in charge.

I'm going for playoffs at least and I think we'll do better :clap:

Deliberately not a poll so it can be bounced during the season :)

Oct 25, 2003
mid table stability, promotion push the following season

we'd be much better equiped for championship life than if we bounced straight back up

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like Gillingham this year. Struggle to find our feet to start with. Flirting with the bottom 6 at Christmas, meaning no contract renewal for McGhee. Change at the top, slowly move up the table, great run at the end and miss out on the play offs.
That was my thinking, especially with the tough start we have.

With the current squad we should be comfortably top half at least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
A bit like Gillingham this year. Struggle to find our feet to start with. Flirting with the bottom 6 at Christmas, meaning no contract renewal for McGhee. Change at the top, slowly move up the table, great run at the end and miss out on the play offs.

I think that may be what you want rather than what you expect? ???

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we'll struggle next year with mcghee in charge

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
tommy boy said:
i'm willing to bet anything that KEV will say something along the lines of

"we'll struggle next year with mcghee in charge"

Followed by...

"or at the very least, Mid Table medorcity"*

*Spelling mistake intentional

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Uncle Buck said:

My guts say the same. This is why the Stoke game was so important. It showed that the spirit within the squad had died, the rot was quite possibly terminal, and I can't see the start of a new season being enough to rectify that.

I also can't help feeling that if we get back into the Championship under McGhee, the same mistakes will be made. I think we will have to lose half a season to the board recognising beyond all reasonable doubt that something is rotten in the state of (den)Mark, and it is time for change.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
What is your minimum realistic requirement as an Albion fan for next season - I just want to be entrertained

and do you believe it is achievable with MM and DW in charge - unlikely, but I live in hope

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: The Albion next season

Stinky Kat said:
What is your minimum realistic requirement as an Albion fan for next season - I just want to be entrertained

and do you believe it is achievable with MM and DW in charge - unlikely, but I live in hope
with doug loft amongst the ranks, anything is possible

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
a few back to back wins would be nice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cheap shot. Sorry Kev.

I would expect us to have a dodgy start due to the fixtures etc. but pushing midtable/top half come Christmas and then a run to the playoffs - narrowly missing out.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Uncle Buck said:

Great run of 2 wins and 15 draws and miss the play offs by 20 points I predict.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
make the play-offs but lose in them..... that's what I want. What I am afraid of is we'll get promoted and everybody's hopes will go through the roof again and I have to witness the rubbish of last season... not from the team but from us. Be realistic. Championship by Falmer will be best for the club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
make the play-offs but lose in them..... that's what I want. What I am afraid of is we'll get promoted and everybody's hopes will go through the roof again and I have to witness the rubbish of last season... not from the team but from us. Be realistic. Championship by Falmer will be best for the club.

We are more likely to get some more investment should Falmer permission be granted and there is no reason why we can't scrape through one season in the Championship the season before Falmer is built. That is what I am hoping anyway.... :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here