Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion are losing my grandson

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
:lolol: How are you EL?

Knackered mate, really bloody tired! We're selling our house atm, so it's pretty exhausting juggling a 9-5 job, doing DIY to get the gaff up to scratch and looking after the little'un.

Will get there, though!

I was on a train with your mob the other day, en-route to the Charlton Palace game. Made sure I took my Brighton hat off!

Hope you're good, buddy.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Knackered mate, really bloody tired! We're selling our house atm, so it's pretty exhausting juggling a 9-5 job, doing DIY to get the gaff up to scratch and looking after the little'un.

Will get there, though!

I was on a train with your mob the other day, en-route to the Charlton Palace game. Made sure I took my Brighton hat off!

Hope you're good, buddy.

Yes that got a bit heated i am told especially at London Bridge! Yeah i am good mate still hoping for this season even though i think next year is the better bet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What 'worrying things' have your heard recently BH ?

I was wondering that.
Dunno if anyone else saw it, but on the Meridian News goals roundup on Wednesday night, after they showed the Albiopn goals, they cut to that recent picture of the stadium that was in the programme and reported "in other news" that they'd just learned (breaking news) that the Albion had secured the finance required to build the stadium, and that construction will go ahead later this year as planned.

No interviews, no source quoted, it was just a snippet. Made me go all warm and gooey though.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
One of my sons, when very, very young had a brief interest in Man Utd - I blame his primary school! - but soon switched to supporting the Albion.

But I didn't take my sons to the Goldstone until they were 8 and 9. Instead, I introduced them to football much earlier by taking them down to the Dripping Pan where the atmosphere was perfect when they had the limited concentration all little 'uns have. Their mates also went to Lewes and they'd all combine watching the game with entertaining themselves rolling down the grassy banks or generally mooching around.

By 8, they could concentrate on 90 minutes worth of footy so I took them to the Goldstone. However, there's no way I'd have bought them a season ticket at that age because I think that expecting them to attend every home game would have had an off-putting effect. Because you could always just turn up on the day, every game they attended was out of choice, not because they thought they had to attend so that I'd get maximum value from their season tickets. I'm not saying this works for everyone but it certainly kept their interest going and as adults, they are Albion through and through.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What 'worrying things' have your heard recently BH ?

The "Worrying things" are to do more with investment guarantees which cover more than just the build of the stadium, I think it may lead to some disputes over the next few months as we try and make sure all funds are ringfenced properly. I don't doubt that the stadium will go up, just the timings look a bit tight for the current schedule.

Hope I'm wrong though if it helps.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Granted the football is boring. But the crowd can do something about that. Honest. We could sing more, encourage, stop the whinging etc.

On Tuesday night I took my 4 year old to his 3rd Albion game. Previous ones have been Northampton, Bournemouth and now Cheltenham. Good luck charm so far!!!!

He fell asleep on Tuesday night during the 2nd half as both the football and the crowd were crap. Might also be because his usual bedtime is 19:30!!!! However, he did say it wasn't as much 'fun' as the last two games! Even when Murray scored the crowd were not that loud and he slept through the 'commotion' of a goal plus the winning goal!!!!!!!

So to wrap up, we all need to do our part, not just the players but us as paying customers to quote Mr Scudamore. So let's stop the whinging and start getting behind the team. It will not only hopefully turn the performances around but also be much more fun to watch as at the moment it is like watching a funeral cortege.

Roll on Oldham

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
By 8, they could concentrate on 90 minutes worth of footy so I took them to the Goldstone. However, there's no way I'd have bought them a season ticket at that age because I think that expecting them to attend every home game would have had an off-putting effect. Because you could always just turn up on the day, every game they attended was out of choice, not because they thought they had to attend so that I'd get maximum value from their season tickets. I'm not saying this works for everyone but it certainly kept their interest going and as adults, they are Albion through and through.

Exactly what happened with me, Roz. First game aged 8, and only went to games I wanted to go to. The atmosphere in the North Stand was always awesome, and it stuck :)

My 10-year-old nephew Matthew, who lives in York, desperately looks forward to his occasional Albion match, usually one of the northern away games. But he's never been forced to go to a game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
start taking yer grandaughter instead.
if you aint got one, borrow one :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here