Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adkins diet

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be fair to Adkins, he's fashioned a decent side there. Cork was a terrific buy and he did well to hang on to Lallana, arguably the best player in the Championship.

I still that he's a complete cock - but that doesn't stop him being a good manager.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
They looked a decent side last season and have carried that into this season but it must feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad to be second best to BHA again. Has Adkins noticed?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I had a freebie for soton on saturday, left at half time, but they look a decent side, LOADS of space in between there back four and midfield, that is where we could do some serious damage imo.

I really wouldn't say this is the case. We did very well imo considering 3 of our back 4 hadn't played this season.

Cork - Centre Mid, we missed him there
Fonte - Only regular defender playing
Hooiveld - First game
Fox - First start and first appearance at left back.

All these changes were thrusted upon us due to injuries.

When we plow forward we go forward with numbers, wingers, forwards and midfield runners as well as the wing backs pushing up. However there is always cover and i cannot agree with you saying there was space between the defence and midfield. Their two goals came down to miscommunication which could be expected with five players at the back that have never played together.

Also I'm sure you will agree that we are not the 'hoof it to lambert' team a lot on here say and we do play good, attacking free flowing football. Albeit differently to you as we drive forward more.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We all have injuries JJB me old mucker, doesn't really add up as an excuse? Since the beginning of the season, at any one time we have had out Lua Lua, Hoskins, Buckley, El Abd, Elphick, Vincelot, Navarro. Just have to take it on the chin as part and parcel of a football season.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
yes, but you havn't had three of your back four all out of action at once. That is a massive challenge for any team as any level as there is no time to build an understanding, especially with new signings as they haven't had the oppurtunity to build up a rapport with the players around them. Hopefully we'll get another CB in on loan as we're looking short their with Seaborne out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
El Abd, Elphick and Vincelot

Dunk, Greer and Painter are 1st choice though as I can't see El Abd getting back in if Dunk continues as he has, so we haven't had 3 of our 1st choice back four out at the same time. I suggest we might struggle if we did?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Sven must under terrific pressure already although the body language of Allerdyce suggests that he is feeling it more.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've got good friends who are STH at St Mary's, and I went down there a few times when they first moved to the breeze block stadium. I don't "hate" Stains at all.

But Adkins ?! I just can' stand the twat. Can't listen to a word he says, or bear to watch him on TVSouthampton.

Wanker.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"The Birkenhead-born Saints boss sometimes sounds like he has swallowed a middle-management text book"

sometimes .........??!!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He is a bit of a twat, far too up his own arse its unreal. Should be licking arses in business management than as a football manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here