• 4 - Moving On

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like Giraffe said on another thread if there ARE four stages then I'm still firmly at stage two. It didn't help that the players and the previous manager were at stage 1 for so long.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It appears there are some delusional people who still think we are staying up. This is NOT healthy. It is NOT healthy to their mind and their overall well being. Of the 4 clear stages in the process of relegation what stage would you say you have reached ?.

It appears there are some delusional people on here who are convinced we are watching the worst football team ever to walk this earth. This is NOT healthy. It is NOT healthy to their mind and their overall well being. Take note, Uncle. That's why I've called you that ambulance ;)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm at stage 2, Anger. The way this season has panned out after finishing 7th last season, I can't see me moving on from anything but anger anytime soon either.

I've accepted previous relegations with grace and humility, but this is the first time I've ever actually been angry.
:censored:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think our four stages are more like this:

August - October: Lose lots of games
November, December: Lose lots of games.
January - March: Lose lots of 'must-win' games.
April, May: It hardly matters any more.

Result: Relegation.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Between 2 and 3...

2 because of the start of the season expectations, and our squad was deemed good enough, and im my opinion when all play to their best of their ability they are good enough.

And 3 because I know it is going to take ALOT to get us out of this mess, and im pretty sure that we will go down...

I've gone for 2.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And I'm even more angry now as I've just worked out that if (when) we go down this year I will have seen more relegation seasons than promotion seasons.

I currently stand at 6-6 so it will soon be Promotion 6 Relegation 7 Grrrrrrr.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably 3 by now. Stuck on Anger for a while, because as pasty has said, we've all seen a few promotions and relegations.

But this one was a big shock, unlike some years (eg last time in Championship). And it's just sort of inexorably progressed to this stage without any reaction from the players. If you've lost as many as we had, you have to start winning some games in February and March, you can't leave it all until April. Orient and Swindon have done what I would expect a relegation-threatened team to do, ie refuse to go down with a whimper.

All relegations are bad, but if we do go down it has to be up there with the most disappointing seasons ever.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The players must be looking at that league table and starting to get worried.

We need 2 wins and for teams around us to drop points just to get anywhere near out of the drop zone. It's rare for all of the teams down the bottom to go winless at this stage of the season because they're all now fighting for their lives. Therefore, we probably need to win 4 of the next 6 just to be a point or two above the drop zone with 3 matches to go.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Acceptance.

A massive total of 15 points from 9 games needed. With 5 of the top 12 still to play.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Accepted it after the scunny defeat:thumbsup:

we will be a forgotten club next season against macclesfield and accrington st:lolol:

Christ so much for this club moving forward and bad times ahead yet again:censored:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Probably 3 by now. Stuck on Anger for a while, because as pasty has said, we've all seen a few promotions and relegations.

But this one was a big shock, unlike some years (eg last time in Championship). And it's just sort of inexorably progressed to this stage without any reaction from the players. If you've lost as many as we had, you have to start winning some games in February and March, you can't leave it all until April. Orient and Swindon have done what I would expect a relegation-threatened team to do, ie refuse to go down with a whimper.

All relegations are bad, but if we do go down it has to be up there with the most disappointing seasons ever.
Good analysis and it's why I'm stuck on Stage 2. I think every other relegation I've known we've had an inkling it was coming from the previous season. And although it's not the worst season ever (the two when we finished 2nd bottom of div four will take some beating), you're right, when set against the progress we made last season this is easily the most disappointing.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It appears there are some delusional people who still think we are staying up. This is NOT healthy. It is NOT healthy to their mind and their overall well being. Of the 4 clear stages in the process of relegation what stage would you say you have reached ?.

Those who think we can still stay up are far less delusional than those who think we are relegated already.

We are not relegated until it is mathematically impossible to get enough points to stay up, It may be a long shot, but it doesn't mean it can't happen and we are already down.

Was is sad and pathetic is this attitude of giving up and general negativity that has been about from people on this forum and in tthe ground for the last few seasons.

It sucks of wanna be gloryhunters who just haven't moved onto the next team to achieve some glory and are angry that this club haven't been able to deliver their fantasy despite it being impossible to achieve.

You either support this club, through the highs and lows, or you give up and complain about it or dispear altogether. All clubs go through highs and lows, weve just been through some highs but given the resources and history of the club, it didn't mean it was going to last forevfer or we'd continually improve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here