Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think Kamala Harris absolutely rocked it but I’m interested to hear how @Crawley Dingo and @lasvegan explain the debate as a victory for Trump. 🤔

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I haven’t watched the debate, but glad to see that the people with trustable judgement are all scoring it for Harris.

One point with regard to Trump’s ear. He’s a vain man. Is the most likely answer not simply that he’s had a cosmetic surgeon look at it and repair any damage?

That seems a lot simpler to me than conspiracy theories involving multiple individuals and agencies.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
20240911_084728.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Kamala Harris absolutely rocked it but I’m interested to hear how @Crawley Dingo and @lasvegan explain the debate as a victory for Trump. 🤔

Really? You already posted the Republican claim he won, which they'd written before the debate. Dingo will just copy bits of that and pretend it's real.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One point with regard to Trump’s ear. He’s a vain man. Is the most likely answer not simply that he’s had a cosmetic surgeon look at it and repair any damage?

That seems a lot simpler to me than conspiracy theories involving multiple individuals and agencies.

You can ignore the stupid theory that the whole thing was a setup.

The problem with surgery like that is that it's never very good, and doesn't heal well. Maybe the damage was just much less than original imagined.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Watching it now.

Trump is insane. Every time he stops talking Karmala has a look that says 'where do you start with that load of shit?'

I can't help but wonder if trump answers every question he is asked with a rant about immigration.

'hey Don, how are you'

' well I'd be a lot better if it weren't for the millions of immigrants.....'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Guys, can we hold fire on calling the debate for Harris until the Dingo and lasvegan have explained to us that all our eyes and ears are faulty and actually Trump won bigly?
Give them a chance, they're probably busy tucking into some grilled kitten for breakfast.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Apparently she was wearing earrings that were earphones so Trump won by default. BIGLY.

#StopTheSteal #TheyAreEatingDogs
Trump's was the most greatlyest debate performance ever, everybody is saying so, the world's most debatiest experters are all saying they've never seen a more beautiful debatement in the History of history.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The problem is that although many of us always thought Trump was so weird only a lunatic could take him seriously, others were and remain fully signed up to him.

So to the latter it doesn't matter about the debate (which Trump won). That's how it works for them.

Hopefully some swing voters in the US may have been moved appropriately. Hard to predict.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Watching it now.

Trump is insane. Every time he stops talking Karmala has a look that says 'where do you start with that load of shit?'

I can't help but wonder if trump answers every question he is asked with a rant about immigration.

'hey Don, how are you'

' well I'd be a lot better if it weren't for the millions of immigrants.....'
He always says there are loads coming from "mental institutions"....... you think nobody ever explained to him what Asylum seekers actually means.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've not watched the whole thing but some of Harris' facial expressions whilst Trump was shitting from his mouth were incredible. At one point there was a look on her face that seemed like she was flabbergasted, amused, horrified and maybe even a little pitying all at once.

I think it was when Trump was talking about people eating cats? Or something equally weird.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think the dingo is hiding from Haitian immigrants armed with a selection of herbs and spices
Maybe he's busy building a protective wall around local cats and dogs :lolol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The problem is that although many of us always thought Trump was so weird only a lunatic could take him seriously, others were and remain fully signed up to him.

So to the latter it doesn't matter about the debate (which Trump won). That's how it works for them.

Hopefully some swing voters in the US may have been moved appropriately. Hard to predict.
I was talking to my girlfriend this morning about his supporters and trying to work out why he's so beloved.

In a roundabout way I can kind of understand why white Christian males would follow him.

He's promising to make sure they have all the power and the money and that they won't have to feel shame about having all the power and the money. He's plugging into that fear and anger so brilliantly satirised by Bo Burnham in his song Straight White Man:

We used to have all the money and land, And we still do, but it's not as fun now

So I get why that demographic would follow a demagogue like Trump.

But what about everyone else? What about everyone of his supporters who isn't a straight white man? Why? Perhaps his female support is happy with having less control of their own bodies. Perhaps his LGBTQ support is happy with the idea of their entire existence being criminalised.

It's baffling. Absolutely baffling.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Absolutely incredible performance from Kamala - the prosecutor in her was strong last night and made her case incredibly clearly. She is positive, passionate and hopeful for the future. What a president she will be - it's all over bar the voting and hopefully the electorate will deliver Democratic majorities in the Senate and the House of Representatives as well to make sure she's as impactful as president as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here