Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not directed at you whatsoever. I have read only bits of the thread :thumbsup:

I put carlzeiss on ignore years ago for repeatedly posting links to brown people committing crimes, and related tropes, and then not engaging with any subsequent discussion, even claiming lack of knowledge about issues he felt were 'interesting' and denying any agenda. Tedious and pointless. Something I can easily disregard. So I do.
Fair enough - that was before my time or I just didn’t see that posting history.

I think you are probably as open minded to the benefit of healthy political debate as I am and recognise the importance of diverse opinion so I know when you put people on ignore, it’s for good personal reasons but I think as long as we stick to the issues ( as we have been doing over the past few pages) rather than it descending into a trolling binfest on both sides, I think we can manage that (just 🙂!)

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Meanwhile Politic describes the election race as a ‘knife fight in a phone booth’ - with just 4 weeks to go, most other media outlets and polls still saying the election is a toss up with poll results within the margin of error for both candidates.
There are actually just under 9 weeks to go until the election.

Or, to put it another way, just 9 weeks to go until the start of the 2028 Presidential election!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough - that was before my time or I just didn’t see that posting history.

I think you are probably as open minded to the benefit of healthy political debate as I am and recognise the importance of diverse opinion so I know when you put people on ignore, it’s for good personal reasons but I think as long as we stick to the issues ( as we have been doing over the past few pages) rather than it descending into a trolling binfest on both sides, I think we can manage that (just 🙂!)
I agree with all that. Of course.

Yes, what I described was something that happened years ago, before you landed in NSC world.

And yes, I am interested in diverse opinion. I was born a white working class male, and continue to pursue a monotone heterosexual, relatively low risk lifestyle.

But it didn't take me too much pontification to realize that my 15 year old perspective (I actually wrote 'send all foreigners back' in a school notebook) was probably worth an upgrade, and over the years found that there are things to learn and fun to be had with all races, genders, sexual orientations, and disabilities, most nationalities (different from races), cuisines, musical forms and political allegiances, some religions, and one or two other football clubs.

I may have exaggerated the last bit.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There are actually just under 9 weeks to go until the election.

Or, to put it another way, just 9 weeks to go until the start of the 2028 Presidential election!!!

I forgot there was October in between September and November 😂

You do see now don’t you how difficult life can be with long Covid brain 😵‍💫

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You do see now don’t you how difficult life can be with long Ovoid brain 😵‍💫
images

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Much as its nice to believe that Trump has an IQ of 73, although in reality it probably isn't that much higher, the original source of that information was proved to be false....

I agree with everything else he says in that vid though, but I think making easily discreditable allegations about Trump not only sinks to his levels but also provides him with easy ammunition with which to discredit his critics, which should be avoided, especially when there is such a plethora of facts available which can be used to criticise him.....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree with all that. Of course.

Yes, what I described was something that happened years ago, before you landed in NSC world.

And yes, I am interested in diverse opinion. I was born a white working class male, and continue to pursue a monotone heterosexual, relatively low risk lifestyle.

But it didn't take me too much pontification to realize that my 15 year old perspective (I actually wrote 'send all foreigners back' in a school notebook) was probably worth an upgrade, and over the years found that there are things to learn and fun to be had with all races, genders, sexual orientations, and disabilities, most nationalities (different from races), cuisines, musical forms and political allegiances, some religions, and one or two other football clubs.

I may have exaggerated the last bit.
The way I see it, i'm quite intrigued to hear the views of supporters of Trump / post truth demagoguery in general. To fight something you must first seek to understand it.

Now I could go onto twitter and youtube etc to find out what they say, but if i'm being truthful, I pollute my computer enough. I'd prefer those views in bitesize chunks and don't want to deal with some tech bro's algorithm thinking I want to receive abashed hate content.

NSC is great for that and I'm happy that this diversity of views can be expressed here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Much as its nice to believe that Trump has an IQ of 73, although in reality it probably isn't that much higher, the original source of that information was proved to be false....

I agree with everything else he says in that vid though, but I think making easily discreditable allegations about Trump not only sinks to his levels but also provides him with easy ammunition with which to discredit his critics, which should be avoided, especially when there is such a plethora of facts available which can be used to criticise him.....

My biggest concern these days is folk of relatively high IQ sharing any old tosh they read online :ROFLMAO:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Gotta say, I'm not seeing much point to this:

One of U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s top advisers, Deborah Mattinson, will brief Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign on Labour’s election-winning strategy, POLITICO has learned.
Starmer's strategy was to be running against a deeply unpopular PM from a deeply unpopular party that was on its fourth PM in the last 6 years.

I wish that was true of Trump and the GOP, but sadly they are a cult, not a political party, so normal laws of politics don't really apply.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The way I see it, i'm quite intrigued to hear the views of supporters of Trump / post truth demagoguery in general. To fight something you must first seek to understand it.

Now I could go onto twitter and youtube etc to find out what they say, but if i'm being truthful, I pollute my computer enough. I'd prefer those views in bitesize chunks and don't want to deal with some tech bro's algorithm thinking I want to receive abashed hate content.

NSC is great for that and I'm happy that this diversity of views can be expressed here.
Always happy to read @lasvegan even though we disagree about Trump

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's also clearly false. Whilst rather misguided in his actions, he's obviously of at least average intelligence. He has wit and agile thinking, without which he would not have come close to his various positions of power.

I stopped watching the video at that point because that lack of quality control (or critical thinking) cast nasturtiums on the rest of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's also clearly false. Whilst rather misguided in his actions, he's obviously of at least average intelligence. He has wit and agile thinking, without which he would not have come close to his various positions of power.

I stopped watching the video at that point because that lack of quality control (or critical thinking) cast nasturtiums on the rest of it.
I found it entertaining because it maps to all my prejudices.

But as soon as I heard the '73' I thought 'not 72 or 74?'. Beware false precision ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I forgot there was October in between September and November 😂

You do see now don’t you how difficult life can be with long Covid brain 😵‍💫
I still refuse to accept there is a July and August between June and the seventh month, September.

f***ing Romans.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Starmer's strategy was to be running against a deeply unpopular PM from a deeply unpopular party that was on its fourth PM in the last 6 years.

I wish that was true of Trump and the GOP, but sadly they are a cult, not a political party, so normal laws of politics don't really apply.
The Cultists (commonly abbreviated as ****s) are beyond reach. My understanding is they need to reach those voters who are not too bothered who becomes president and could vote for either candidate based on small margins, personal whim, or what they ate for breakfast on the day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I agree. But no stone unturned and all that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The MAGAs will use this to say Harris is now being advised by Commies in the UK. :)

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Interesting. I hadn't heard the term before, so looked it up.

"Sanctuary cities exist from coast to coast and promote the ideals of human rights, separation of local and federal law, and empowerment of communities to grow with the help of immigrants. Cities that pursue sanctuary city policies do so for various reasons, all of which relate on some level to human rights and community growth." "The history of sanctuary cities, however, focuses on the term sanctuary – or safe place. "

"The evidence shows that undocumented immigrants do not pose significant threats to communities, and they in fact positively impact them.

Sanctuary cities report positive outcomes, including the following:

• Sanctuary cities have lower than average crime rates
  • Household incomes are higher in sanctuary cities
  • The poverty rate in sanctuary cities is lower on average than cities without these policies"
Sounds quite good to me - promoting human rights, empowerment of communities and community growth.

Indeed, it would seem as though my initial hypothesis was right - people choose to go there because they are treated well and with dignity, experience lower crime rates, higher incomes and so on.

I guess you are saying that there therefore a contrast between Democratic areas treating people well and with dignity, and Republican areas?

I'm surprised you haven't herd of the term and no that's propaganda, the infrastructure in places like NY is being over whelmed. Dig deeper.

"promote the ideals of human rights" Imply other states don't? Its about importing voters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here