Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It can be both, polls rigged and betting markets out of the loop;
Oh - you're saying that it was the polls that were rigged now?

But your post said: "I said they would, it was rigged to calm Democrat nerves about harris during the DNC convention."

And that was in reply to: "Market watch. Another 3 million staked and Trump has made me it back to slight favourite. Very Interesting, as polls seemingly going the other way."

So, I'm puzzled now. Which part of this statement are you now saying 'I said they would' about? The betting markets bit, or the polling? Or both?

But if one of the latter (both or the polls) then you must have meant that the polls would continue to show an increased lead for Harris - because a) that's what the poster was saying, and b) that's what the polls seem to be showing.

Seems to me that you are as confused as Sean Dyche and his penalty issue....

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
No he doesn't. Consistently, in head-to-head polling, when they compare with or without RFK Jr as an option, Trump loses support with RFK Jr in the race.

That's why he wants him out and is willing to dangle a job in his administration as a sweetener.

But, of course, all the polls are rigged, so...

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Donald Trump - July 13 2023 - Defiant, confident and in the Land of the Brave

IMG_1241.jpeg

Donald Trump - 21 August 2023 at the Ashboro, NC campaign rally - pinned down between two walls of thick, bullet-proof plexiglass while attacking Harris on Crime and National Security.:lol:

IMG_1242.jpeg

Not so defiant now. 😎

Last edited:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

View attachment 187597

Donald Trump - 21 August 2023 at the Ashboro, NC campaign rally - pinned down between two walls of thick, bullet-proof plexiglass while attacking Harris on Crime and National Security.

View attachment 187599

Not so defiant now. 😎
This makes him look weak and scared. Good.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

View attachment 187597

Donald Trump - 21 August 2023 at the Ashboro, NC campaign rally - pinned down between two walls of thick, bullet-proof plexiglass while attacking Harris on Crime and National Security.

View attachment 187599

Not so defiant now. 😎
Can't they use tinted glass so we don't have to see his pug ugly face ?

Lol.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This makes him look weak and scared. Good.
Which was exactly the point of me posting the contrasting images. 😉

It’s a big change of optics since July 13 - that and Harris’s contrasting youth and energy - not hard to see whose star is ascending - but it will still be a very tight election as it stands at the moment.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whilst I have followed US elections for a long time I've never had much interest in the party congresses before. Is it usual for the presidential nominee not to show up? We are day 3/4 of the Democrat National Congress and about the only person not to have shown up is Harris! Is this normal / typical? As a late entrant into the contest surely she needs all the airtime she can get?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Whilst I have followed US elections for a long time I've never had much interest in the party congresses before. Is it usual for the presidential nominee not to show up? We are day 3/4 of the Democrat National Congress and about the only person not to have shown up is Harris! Is this normal / typical? As a late entrant into the contest surely she needs all the airtime she can get?
I get your drift but I guess Joe is President not Kamala. So far they have shown the strength of names at the top for the Dems. Togetherness.
She was there on Day 1.
1000004356.png
On Day 2 campaigning in Wisconsin.
Day 3 God knows
Day 4 She'll come out of the shadows to accept the Presidential nomination to a rapturous 'populist' audience.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's normal, yes

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
last week saw a list of major speakers planned, Harris at the end, so seems prety much how they run.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
They show up to accept the nomination on the last day. They may make a "surprise" appearance on any of the other days (she was their on the first day to say some nice things about Joe - as was appropriate).

On day two she was in Wisconsin filling the same hall that the RNC was held in. It was a not so subtle jab that she can fill two convention centers in different cities (and states) at the same time.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
RFK Jr endorsing Trump might have hit a slight wrinkle:

He may end up sleeping on the couch. Something JD is intimately familiar with...

(joking: JD, in fact, did not have sex with a couch. Or, at least, he did not write about it in his book. But it is hilarious that the meme won't go away. He's weird enough that it's believable that he might have)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here