Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I honestly don't even think it's going to be close in November, it's going to be 55-45 in Harris' favour, which should be enough even for an Electoral College victory. Trump's heart isn't in it any more, he's well past his peak and he knows it's all gone wrong. Vance was forced upon him by the tech Billionnaire bros who bankroll him and the campaign. At the time, it didn't seem like it was going to matter but now it very obviously does now and it puts Trump in a really bad position because he obviously needs to sack him off the ticket, but can he? Either way, Vance will be blamed for the caning they're going to get in November.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Usual bollix from Trump but without the crowds or pesky reporters.

Over 2 hours of our lives we won’t get back of Trump rattling off his usual talking points; spouting nonsense and falsehoods with a fawning Musk who was largely silent or acquiescing his approval - Just two ‘self-obsessed rich guys who will sell out the middle class and who cannot run a livestream in the year 2024.’
  • Musk blames the glitchy start (over 40 min delay) on a DDOS attack by those that want to ‘silence’ the debate (there’s no proof of that)
  • Harris campaign mocked Musk comparing it to DeSantis campaign launch on X where a simillar tech problem occurred
  • Trump mocked Climate Change said it will bring ‘more ocean-fronted property’
  • ”I want to shut down the education department and send it back to the 50 [States]” - retweeted by Harris
  • Trump who has always mocked EVs, lavishes praise on Tusla
  • Musk echoed Trump’s campaign speeches about the upcoming election “I think we’re at a fork in the road of destiny of civilisation and I think we need to take the right path,” he said to Trump. “And I think you’re the right path.”

More interestly:

Harris polling better that Trump in the 3 key swing States of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - Harris must win all 3 States to have a chance of beating Trump
View attachment 187015

View attachment 187014

I'm only following the independent polling of Rasmussen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I honestly don't even think it's going to be close in November, it's going to be 55-45 in Harris' favour, which should be enough even for an Electoral College victory. Trump's heart isn't in it any more, he's well past his peak and he knows it's all gone wrong. Vance was forced upon him by the tech Billionnaire bros who bankroll him and the campaign. At the time, it didn't seem like it was going to matter but now it very obviously does now and it puts Trump in a really bad position because he obviously needs to sack him off the ticket, but can he? Either way, Vance will be blamed for the caning they're going to get in November.
plus Kennedy, he'll probably take a few % off Trump.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Usual bollix from Trump but without the crowds or pesky reporters.

Over 2 hours of our lives we won’t get back of Trump rattling off his usual talking points; spouting nonsense and falsehoods with a fawning Musk who was largely silent or acquiescing his approval - Just two ‘self-obsessed rich guys who will sell out the middle class and who cannot run a livestream in the year 2024.’
  • Musk blames the glitchy start (over 40 min delay) on a DDOS attack by those that want to ‘silence’ the debate (there’s no proof of that)
  • Harris campaign mocked Musk comparing it to DeSantis campaign launch on X where a simillar tech problem occurred
  • Trump mocked Climate Change said it will bring ‘more ocean-fronted property’
  • ”I want to shut down the education department and send it back to the 50 [States]” - retweeted by Harris
  • Trump who has always mocked EVs, lavishes praise on Tusla
  • Musk echoed Trump’s campaign speeches about the upcoming election “I think we’re at a fork in the road of destiny of civilisation and I think we need to take the right path,” he said to Trump. “And I think you’re the right path.”

More interestly:

Harris polling better that Trump in the 3 key swing States of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - Harris must win all 3 States to have a chance of beating Trump
View attachment 187015

View attachment 187014

TL/DR!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Apparently the UAW (United Auto Workers) did not appreciate the Trump / Elon reach around and are filing labor charges over the comments made concerning organized labor. The UAW have been trying to unionize Tesla for a while now.

* and yes, I used "labor" rather than "labour" since we are talking about a US labor union and charges filled with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Apparently the UAW (United Auto Workers) did not appreciate the Trump / Elon reach around and are filing labor charges over the comments made concerning organized labor. The UAW have been trying to unionize Tesla for a while now.

* and yes, I used "labor" rather than "labour" since we are talking about a US labor union and charges filled with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)

Has someone given him a fat lip or something? Don't remember hearing him with a lisp before.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Interesting reading, thoughts and brief analysis today.

Many predictably sneery left-wing headlines, likely in part due to the ongoing decimation of news-media readership largely due to the popularity of social media (notably Twitter/X), though one did catch my eye as being funny and my kind of humour.

1723586384848.png

10/10

1723586947083.png

And one particularly disengenous:

1723587045025.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the vast amount of content itself, which much was arguable at best, totally false at worst, the conversation was undoubtably a success for team red
All news-media of any worth have widely covered the story, lots of eyes and ears on Trump - with many asking the question; "So where's Kamala?". She now very much needs to get infront of the media, answer questions and strongly declare her policies. I'm certain that she will eventually do this, of course, but the longer she 'hides' (as some have put) from the media, the more undecideds may start to lean towards a Trump vote.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Many predictably sneery left-wing headlines, likely in part due to the ongoing decimation of news-media readership largely due to the popularity of social media (notably Twitter/X)

How do you think a central (as opposed to left or right) media would summarise the 'interview'? The whole thing was a joke, so to not mock it would require an extreme right wing bias. Nothing to do with news-media being decimated. Everyone mocked them, you don't need to work for the media to see how awful it was.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
How do you think a central (as opposed to left or right) media would summarise the 'interview'?
1723588119618.png

The whole thing was a joke, so to not mock it would require an extreme right wing bias. Nothing to do with news-media being decimated. Everyone mocked them, you don't need to work for the media to see how awful it was.
I just generally disagree with this.

Attachments

• 1723588059918.png
    1723588059918.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 22

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems the reaction to the Musk interview was a great big steaming pile of... meh. nothing much to talk about, no big sound bite, some silliness (Wayne's World tribute act with Putin), little else. for a man and campaign that thrives on controversy, having fevered cultists rilled up, this is terrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here