Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’d say Trump needs Elon now far more than Elon needing Trump, imo.

Though a series of very poor (imo) recent decisions by Elon after a solid decade of ‘wins’ is quite perplexing to me.
The problem for the orange one is that Musk is viewed as even more deranged then Trump.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Twitter is going to cease exist within the next 12 months if it carries on as it is - the company's debt burden is mental and is directly tied to the Tesla stock price. Tesla is not performing well (surprise surprise), so once that diminishes enough then Twitter's debt burden will be too heavy to service. Advertisers are already long out of Twitter, more will follow and the whole thing will ramp down. The only reason it continues to survive at all and be used is because there is no good alternative, despite Zuckerberg's attempts to throw Threads into the world. Musk is a bigger threat to global democracy and peace then Trump is, but Trump's easier to beat.

On the "interview" between two of the most grotesque CJTC's on the face of the earth, I'm sure it will go about as well as the other Twitter live events. Guaranteed comedy. Tossers.
Twitter is f***ed, as is Tesla. Twitter because it’s becoming a cesspool of conspiracy theorists and Tesla because they are losing market share to the Chinese. Which is nice.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The problem for the orange one is that Musk is viewed as even more deranged then Trump.
How would that be a problem for Trump?

Twitter is f***ed, as is Tesla. Twitter because it’s becoming a cesspool of con conspiracy theorists and Tesla because they are losing market share to the Chinese. Which is nice.
I agree, I think Twitter will likely die off within the next couple of years.

I do though, believe Tesla will continue to be successful in the medium term, save for any severely major meltdowns or antics from Elon.

The popularity of Tesla due to competitive pricing, in-car technology, and the (by far) leading charge network across North America can’t be overlooked, imo,

For clarity, I like Tesla, I’m not a big fan of Musk - especially not as of recently.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Is that even a factor? Looks like most other major EV manufacturers already have, or will soon have, access to that charging network - Tesla Charging Network - All the Upcoming Compatible EVs
Yes good point, I’d forgotten that they’d started agreements with most other EV manufacturers to open up the supercharger network.

To that point - I personally wonder if there will be a pricing incentive which favours Tesla owners charging at those stations, or something similar.

because he’ll just end up alienating the ‘undecided’. What Trump needs is someone to help rather than hinder.

Ok I get you, and agreed yes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tottaly agree. Once ’green’ hydrogen has been addressed then EV’s will be a thing of the past.
I'm not sure many of us will be around to see that. Not in the UK, at least. All the investment is in EV and while the car manufacturers talk a lot about hydrogen, very few have actually done much with it.

I'm also not sure the Tesla name will disappear, either. More likely that one of the Chinese brands will swoop in and keep it as a 'known quantity' in the US. That's also quite likely for some of the legacy manufacturers, such as Ford.

Bringing it back to Trump, I'll be interesting to hear what he says about the Musk mobiles because he's famously very anti EV.

As an aside, can you image 'Trump Autos' and him actually manufacturing passenger cars! :lolol:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As an aside, can you image 'Trump Autos' and him actually manufacturing passenger cars! :lolol:
IMG_2066.jpeg

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'm not sure many of us will be around to see that. Not in the UK, at least. All the investment is in EV and while the car manufacturers talk a lot about hydrogen, very few have actually done much with it.

I'm also not sure the Tesla name will disappear, either. More likely that one of the Chinese brands will swoop in and keep it as a 'known quantity' in the US. That's also quite likely for some of the legacy manufacturers, such as Ford.

Bringing it back to Trump, I'll be interesting to hear what he says about the Musk mobiles because he's famously very anti EV.

Death trap on wheels!

There a number of uni’s racing to be the first to produce ‘green hydrogen’, once that’s done it’s a case of manufacturing the fuel sell ( which I believe is already done). The rest of the technology behind hydrogen cars is, in comparison with EV’s, relatively simple.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
And yet you responded scumbag.
That's pretty interesting by your standards. Keep up the good work.
We seem to have got to a stage now where Trump and Musk are too unbelievable if they were cast as fictional Bond villains, yet here they are existing in reality in positions of huge power. I find this utterly bizarre.
Yeah but no Bond film has any nobodies with a man crush on the villain do they? That's just creepy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Death trap on wheels!

There a number of uni’s racing to be the first to produce ‘green hydrogen’, once that’s done it’s a case of manufacturing the fuel sell ( which I believe is already done). The rest of the technology behind hydrogen cars is, in comparison with EV’s, relatively simple.
That is all true - and fuel cell technology has been there for ages. However, having the technology is one thing, but establishing the infrastructure (there are only a handful of places to refuel around the UK) and getting Government buy-in (no chance) is another matter. Also hydrogen, as a fuel, is currently less economical than petrol/diesel) and more expensive...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That is all true - and fuel cell technology has been there for ages. However, having the technology is one thing, but establishing the infrastructure (there are only a handful of places to refuel around the UK) and getting Government buy-in (no chance) is another matter. Also hydrogen, as a fuel, is currently less economical than petrol/diesel) and more expensive...
The art of green hydrogen is to make it cheap as well as green. Once this is addressed then I suspect funding etc will be more. Readily available.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A supposed major DDOS attack on X/Twitter before the Trump/Musk conversation could start.

Musk allegedly successfully tested X's 'spaces' feature earlier today to allow up to 8 million participants/users to join.
30 minutes past the initial start date, with 'hold'-style audio playing. Who knows if the conversation is presently happening or exactly what is going on. :shrug:

Edit: Live and working now, 42 minutes after the anticipated start time with over 1 million active listeners so far.

Edit: Drifted in and out over about 3 hours of conversation, will give it a better/closer listen tomorrow. Over 16 million tuned in.

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
A supposed major DDOS attack on X/Twitter before the Trump/Musk conversation could start.

Musk allegedly successfully tested X's 'spaces' feature earlier today to allow up to 8 million participants/users to join.
30 minutes past the initial start date, with 'hold'-style audio playing. Who knows if the conversation is presently happening or exactly what is going on. :shrug:

Edit: Live and working now, 42 minutes after the anticipated start time with over 1 million active listeners so far.

Edit: Drifted in and out over about 3 hours of conversation, will give it a better/closer listen tomorrow. Over 16 million tuned in.
Dude, don't do that to yourself.

I only heard a little bit of it, and it was just Trump stream of consciousness word salad with Elon occasionally say "yeah" and "uh-huh". Great stuff from Elon.

And the fact that Elon couldn't even get the damn thing running on time? :lolol:

You'd think he would have learnt after he ballsed up Ron DeSantis' campaign launch on X.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Dude, don't do that to yourself.

I only heard a little bit of it, and it was just Trump stream of consciousness word salad with Elon occasionally say "yeah" and "uh-huh". Great stuff from Elon.
This is what I picked up on quite a bit and irked me. Trump just doing his thing totally unchecked with Elon essentially enabling.

Though for balance, one part I did/do agree with Trump on is the USA having very low international rankings and metrics in comparison to much of the developed world - (which has been the case for decades) within some metrics. In this case he was referencing education being one needing major work on - I’d like to re-listen to at least that part more carefully.

- but again, I was only half listening.
Perhaps I’ll just read a few critical ‘reviews’ for balance, if there was anything worth writing about in the first place.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Usual bollix from Trump but without the crowds or pesky reporters.

Over 2 hours of our lives we won’t get back of Trump rattling off his usual talking points; spouting nonsense and falsehoods with a fawning Musk who was largely silent or acquiescing his approval - Just two ‘self-obsessed rich guys who will sell out the middle class and who cannot run a livestream in the year 2024.’
  • Musk blames the glitchy start (over 40 min delay) on a DDOS attack by those that want to ‘silence’ the debate (there’s no proof of that)
  • Harris campaign mocked Musk comparing it to DeSantis campaign launch on X where a simillar tech problem occurred
  • Trump mocked Climate Change said it will bring ‘more ocean-fronted property’
  • ”I want to shut down the education department and send it back to the 50 [States]” - retweeted by Harris
  • Trump who has always mocked EVs, lavishes praise on Tusla
  • Musk echoed Trump’s campaign speeches about the upcoming election “I think we’re at a fork in the road of destiny of civilisation and I think we need to take the right path,” he said to Trump. “And I think you’re the right path.”

More interestly:

Harris polling better that Trump in the 3 key swing States of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - Harris must win all 3 States to have a chance of beating Trump
IMG_1237.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here