Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunate for Trump not for Harris - looks the whole video is a mock up/fake - the ‘escalator’ was well weird - I don’t know how video is montaged together but it probably would cause some of the aberrations you are talking about.

The original video must have had a crowd of people. They removed that and replaced it with repeats of tarmac and the stairs were a repeat of the top part of the stairs. For the latter part of the video, they added a new crowd over the top of the original one.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
@Weststander posted on Friday the betfair market where Harris went favourite in post 4588.The price is hardening all the time and now into odds on.

It's still a coin toss of course but a remarkable turnaround from when Biden started doing his party piece in the TV debates

Screenshot_20240812-084804.png

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The danger that the Republicans can manipulate the acceptance of voting numbers in some swing states if it goes against Trump seems to be becoming real. They would/could simply declare for Trump regardless. That could allow Congress (Republican controlled) to decide the Presidency regardless of either the popular vote or the (actual) electoral college results.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
The danger that the Republicans can manipulate the acceptance of voting numbers in some swing states if it goes against Trump seems to be becoming real. They would/could simply declare for Trump regardless. That could allow Congress (Republican controlled) to decide the Presidency regardless of either the popular vote or the (actual) electoral college results.
Republicans control the House of representatives. Democrats still control the senate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@Weststander posted on Friday the betfair market where Harris went favourite in post 4588.The price is hardening all the time and now into odds on.

It's still a coin toss of course but a remarkable turnaround from when Biden started doing his party piece in the TV debates

View attachment 186945

Primarily I'm relieved we have a contest.

BUT! We're forgetting the famous Red Wave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I got the impression you were saying that the blues were entrenched and regardless who was on the red and blue tickets, they would vote blue. If instead you were saying that as long as Trump was on the red ticket, then it didn't matter who was blue, I'd agree with you. That means they're entrenched against Trump, not entrenched towards blue.

I could easily have voted against Hilar had the republicans put forward someone decent.
I think he had his reds and blues mixed up. Red is republican. We think of republican as more right wing than democrat and as Tories are blue it can cause confusion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh. I'll await confirmation.
I was trying to be helpful. You post makes sense if the blues mentioned are the republicans rather than the democrats. If you meant what you wrote then may be some linking info missing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't figure out whether talking like he does actually helps Trump, or if he would just be a bit more measured (and I appreciate maybe he can't be) he would get more votes and less negativity around him.

As in, not everything has to be either the best - "I'm the best president and no-one every presidented better than me in the whole wide world and the history of presidenting" - or worst "She is disgusting and the worst human being on the planet who is going to destroy - and I mean DESTROY - our beautiful country that we made so very very very great again. She is a radical leftist evil person. And not very smart. I'm smarter than everyone. She's not smarter than anyone.

Just calm it down a bit, FFS! But, like I say, maybe he actually can't do that.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I got the impression you were saying that the blues were entrenched and regardless who was on the red and blue tickets, they would vote blue. If instead you were saying that as long as Trump was on the red ticket, then it didn't matter who was blue, I'd agree with you. That means they're entrenched against Trump, not entrenched towards blue.

I could easily have voted against Hilar had the republicans put forward someone decent.

I think the suggestion is that there are thousands of blue voters in the States who are ‘so entrenched against Trump’ (‘so far gone’) that they would vote for a ‘moose head’ if that were the only Democratic candidate left standing against him.

That’s probably true with good reason but if I understand it correctly (which I may not so apologies if so!) it’s also a bit of a slur against Dems (and gently mocks us well meaning Brits too like some of us here who are ‘so far gone’, we would also vote for a moose head just to keep Trump out if we had a vote - it is suggesting that hatred of Trump is irrational rather than based on good political sense.

I would turn it round and suggest thousands of Red voters ‘are so far gone’ their love of Trump is nothing more than a shared psychosis.

He talks like a narcissist with a stunted emotional development which he is.

When the universe of ego-centric narcissists that they believe revolves around them, starts crumbling, they unravel with it.

He can’t calm down, he’s drowning.

Last edited:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I can't figure out whether talking like he does actually helps Trump, or if he would just be a bit more measured (and I appreciate maybe he can't be) he would get more votes and less negativity around him.

As in, not everything has to be either the best - "I'm the best president and no-one every presidented better than me in the whole wide world and the history of presidenting" - or worst "She is disgusting and the worst human being on the planet who is going to destroy - and I mean DESTROY - our beautiful country that we made so very very very great again. She is a radical leftist evil person. And not very smart. I'm smarter than everyone. She's not smarter than anyone.

He is totally incapable of not being sensationalist for more than a few minutes. His debate performance was actually pretty shrewd, he quickly spotted young Joe was totally knackered in the noggin' so just shut up and let Joe hang himself, whilst throwing a few "I don't think even he knows what he was saying" lines in there to inflict maximum damage. The main reason Joe was the story was because Trump did just shut up and get out of the way - but he can't do that often and he can't do that when there's a crowd. I think laughing at him works to a certain extent, but giving him and Vance enough rope to hang themselves with is better.

The JD Vance interview with Dana Bash on CNN yesterday is hilarious. The man is totally unprepared to face an actual journalist and performs terribly, but with confidence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the suggestion is that there are thousands of blue voters in the States who are ‘so entrenched against Trump’ (‘so far gone’) that they would vote for a ‘moose head’ if that were the only Democratic candidate left standing against him.

That’s probably true with good reason but if I understand it correctly (which I may not so apologies if so!) it’s also a bit of a slur against Dems (and gently mocks us well meaning Brits too like some of us here who are ‘so far gone’, we would also vote for a moose head just to keep Trump out if we had a vote - it is suggesting that hatred of Trump is irrational rather than based on good political sense.

The reason I'd vote against Trump is purely political, for the good of America, and also the rest of the world.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think he had his reds and blues mixed up. Red is republican. We think of republican as more right wing than democrat and as Tories are blue it can cause confusion.
Oh. I'll await confirmation.
I was trying to be helpful. You post makes sense if the blues mentioned are the republicans rather than the democrats. If you meant what you wrote then may be some linking info missing.
Yes, in the context of American politics, Blue = Democratic Party, Reds = Republican Party.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was trying to be helpful.

I know. No one is suggesting otherwise.

You post makes sense if the blues mentioned are the republicans rather than the democrats. If you meant what you wrote then may be some linking info missing.
I think I wrote my posts as intended. And it seems like SP meant that the blue Democrats are entrenched. That does seem quite ironic to me.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The reason I'd vote against Trump is purely political, for the good of America, and also the rest of the world.
Glad to hear it. You have no argument with me here.

That’s the reason most of us would vote against Trump - (although to add, I would vote against any Republican candidate given it’s the GOP that is also too far right for my liking..)

I think there are only a few here who post regularly on this thread that are ambivalent tbh (plus just 2 who are openly Trump supporters ) - I probably would stay silent on NSC if I supported Trump given the ragging @Lasvegas and DC get so maybe there are a few more Reds under the bed on here :wink:

It is hard for most us Brits to understand why anyone would support Trump but I guess things might look different if we lived Stateside.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I would turn it round and suggest thousands of Red voters ‘are so far gone’ their love of Trump is nothing more than a shared psychosis.

He talks like a narcissist with a stunted emotional development which he is.

When the universe of ego-centric narcissists that believe revolves around them, starts crumbling, they unravel with it.

He can’t calm down, he’s drowning.
I wish I could have explained how I feel this clearly. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here