Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It’s worth remembering, of course, that Clinton won the popular vote and it’s only the weird setup of the electoral college which handed Trump victory.

In any other democracy around the world, Hilary wins in 2016.

Very interesting when one wins the popular vote (by some margin), but still loses the game.

Though, I believe the USA does need the Electoral College system. Otherwise, it’s a 1v1 battle for CA, TX, FL, NY and PA (maybe throw in IL, OH and GA), with most other states entirely overlooked and not represented, ever. - a very general explanation.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It depends on who's paying the bills. Trump isn't going to pay for a poll that says he's losing. Regardless of reality.

Some pollsters are more than happy to play that game. But obviously there's only so far you can push it.
I’m not so sure that that’s true - although who knows with Trump. Campaign managers want to know whether or not campaign messages are cutting through. The last thing they’d want are sugar-coated polls giving them innacurate feedback.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m not so sure that that’s true - although who knows with Trump. Campaign managers want to know whether or not campaign messages are cutting through. The last thing they’d want are sugar-coated polls giving them innacurate feedback.

They can get the truth on their campaign messages from independent polls, regardless whether or not some are biased.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is this right bias due to an industry mean or to the outcome? they don't say to avoid legal action.

I'm not interested in the polls as 99% chance of H Clinton getting elected. I said this bias was for the benefit of Democrats to prevent another coup at their congress.

Harris has released no policies given no speech debates and didn't win a primary and yet they would have you believe she is storming in the polls on the back of a tanking economy as VP. These polls are not credible.
You're getting nervous.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
It’s worth remembering, of course, that Clinton won the popular vote and it’s only the weird setup of the electoral college which handed Trump victory.

In any other democracy around the world, Hilary wins in 2016.
The weird set up as you say is to stop people gaming the system. If the EC was abolished it becomes a numbers game and importing voters becomes very salient, where people who consider themselves dis-enfranchised will quickly go to arms.

Sadly I think we have reached that point so war is inevitable. May I suggest you stop making arguments based on your own corrupt self interest?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

:ROFLMAO:

Off the scale. "She was turned in by a maintenance worker" :ROFLMAO:

Did the worker put her in a headlock because he thought she was posting online?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
:ROFLMAO:

Off the scale. "She was turned in by a maintenance worker" :ROFLMAO:

Did the worker put her in a headlock because he thought she was posting online?
For reference, these are the photos

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
May I suggest you stop making arguments based on your own corrupt self interest?
“My own corrupt self-interest” being the belief that whoever gets the most votes in a democracy should win?

It’s an interesting choice of hill to die on to oppose that, I guess.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
“My own corrupt self-interest” being the belief that whoever gets the most votes in a democracy should win?

It’s an interesting choice of hill to die on to oppose that, I guess.
And if you can cram more voters in from outside who tend to share your agenda the more the merrier eh?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

An incredibly dumb thing for him to post (so soon after the incredibly dumb post about Rogan), when in a matter of seconds, anyone can find clear video evidence and proof of the event, and the large crowd - as originally described.

Edit: There have been Twitter/X posts (including photos and imagery) which did suggest that crowd members have been paid by casting agencies, to appear at events such as these. As well as more prominent blue twitter voters/commentators, being paid to post 3x pro-Harris tweets. Though all of that was posted on Twitter, and totally unverifiable (and very possibly fake) as of yesterday.

- To again clarify for anyone who remotely cares, I’m neither pro-Harris or pro-Trump. I try to call out social media BS from all sides, when I see it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And if you can cram more voters in from outside who tend to share your agenda the more the merrier eh?
I have no idea what the voting rules are in the US but I’d imagine it’d be tough to “import” enough voters to swing a national election in a country that size

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
An incredibly dumb thing for him to post (so soon after the incredibly dumb post about Rogan), when in a matter of seconds, anyone can find clear video evidence and proof of the event, and the large crowd - as originally described.

- To again clarify for anyone who remotely cares, I’m neither pro-Harris or pro-Trump. I try to call out social media BS from all sides, when I see it.
Nah your wrong its AI, there is video doing the rounds that prove its a fake.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Nah your wrong its AI, there is video doing the rounds that prove its a fake.

Come on dude, I'm all for debunking and calling out shit - but what you posted there (the second video) is quite clearly an edit, likely made by the Twitter/X profile owner.

And let's see that Twitter user's Bio to get a sense for if he's fair an unbiased.

Oh, he's a "MAGA" "IT Genius".

1723407577262.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here