Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
1000013334.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Having listened a couple more times and taken comments on board, I still lean towards “bitch” but can see it being “bad”.

As others have said, who really cares. The rest of it is grim and ugly like everything else he says and does.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It's not clear to me which he says, but it's completely irrelevant anyway. He's a narcissistic misogynistic racist who tried to cheat democracy in order to stay in power, and paid an adult film star hush money. Whether or not he also called his opponent a bitch is neither here nor there.
Quite.

Eh? You agreed with Mellotron, but you added "Clearly calls her a ‘fcuking b*tch’."

GBM disagrees with you. It's definitely not clear. It's no big deal even if you're not right.

Yeah. Although I did initially agree with Mellotron and still do, it did seem clear to me initially,. However, when GBM posted a contrary opinion, I listened again and responded by saying ‘you maybe right’ , accepting it could be interpreted either way and concluded it didn’t matter.

As you say, we know his attitude to women and sees women as ‘bitches’ (the Hollywood Access tapes)

The “failing” NYT reported yesterday that he has allegedly used the word to describe Harris ’multiple’ times in private in recent days;

“Former US President Donald Trump has reportedly been in a “foul mood" over the past few weeks and has referred to Vice President Kamala Harris as a “b****" on multiple occasions in private, according to a report by The New York Times. The report is based on two sources who claim to have heard Trump make these remarks during different instances.”

He’s clearly very rattled by the opinion polls and the ‘weird’ trope.🙂

On the other hand Harris running a blinder of a campaign at the moment that speaks of hope and joy.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Onset of senile dementia , imo

Of all the examples of Trump losing it, I don't think this one makes the top 20

I'm not convinced he has dementia. My guess is that he doesn't. But he's 78 years old, and people often get things wrong more at that age (not all do, but if I make it to 78 I'm pretty sure I'll be getting more wrong than usual).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I'm not convinced he has dementia. My guess is that he doesn't. But he's 78 years old, and people often get things wrong more at that age (not all do, but if I make it to 78 I'm pretty sure I'll be getting more wrong than usual).
He has refabricated an event in the past involving a helicopter crash :)

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
If you're searching for articles questioning the reliability of Rasmussen, you'll find a lot.

"Ad Fontes Media rates Rasmussen Reports in the Strong Right category of bias"

I don't know why you want to give the impression that Trump is doing well in the polls.

Is this right bias due to an industry mean or to the outcome? they don't say to avoid legal action.

I'm not interested in the polls as 99% chance of H Clinton getting elected. I said this bias was for the benefit of Democrats to prevent another coup at their congress.

Harris has released no policies given no speech debates and didn't win a primary and yet they would have you believe she is storming in the polls on the back of a tanking economy as VP. These polls are not credible.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Harris has released no policies given no speech debates and didn't win a primary and yet they would have you believe she is storming in the polls on the back of a tanking economy as VP. These polls are not credible.
But the one at the top of the thread is - that is what really matters here and she’s rockin’ it .

Good old NSC Harris Poll :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this right bias due to an industry mean or to the outcome?

Without studying it, I don't know the details. But some publications lean left, some lean right, and the same is true with some pollsters.

I'm not interested in the polls as 99% chance of H Clinton getting elected. I said this bias was for the benefit of Democrats to prevent another coup at their congress.

Your poll has Trump on 47, Harris on 44. You think that will make the Democrats want to change candidate? Obviously you're just being silly. And calling it a coup is just childish. The Democrats needed to pick a leader late on, when Biden stepped down, and they're happy with their choice. At least the public will get to choose. Many times in the UK we just get a new PM with no public vote at all.

She's not storming the polls, but she's currently got a slight lead.

Trump, meanwhile, doesn't talk policies, he just calls his opponents names. He said how much he respected Walz, and what a good job he'd done, and then when Kamala named Walz, suddenly Trump started lying and pretending Walz had done a bad job. It's embarrassing. And Trump won the Presidency in 2016 with the promise of building a wall and making America Great again. He did neither. And yet you'd have us believe he is storming the polls.

I assume you're just a windup merchant. Each to their own.

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

He has a family history of dementia. FWIW. His father was so far gone at the end that they'd just bring him blank pieces of paper to sign because he believed he was still in charge of his business empire.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s worth remembering, of course, that Clinton won the popular vote and it’s only the weird setup of the electoral college which handed Trump victory.

In any other democracy around the world, Hilary wins in 2016.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Without studying it, I don't know the details. But some publications lean left, some lean right, and the same is true with some pollsters.
That just isn't the case. Pollsters aim at accuracy, not political positions. It's pretty tricky to be accurate, and failures are due to (usually outdated) methodology which, subsequently, gets corrected.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That just isn't the case. Pollsters aim at accuracy, not political positions.

Over here I'm sure you're right. Over there, however, I think some have bias (although I accept most probably aim to be accurate).

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
That just isn't the case. Pollsters aim at accuracy, not political positions. It's pretty tricky to be accurate, and failures are due to (usually outdated) methodology which, subsequently, gets corrected.
It depends on who's paying the bills. Trump isn't going to pay for a poll that says he's losing. Regardless of reality.

Some pollsters are more than happy to play that game. But obviously there's only so far you can push it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here