Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
An interesting take. The title "Historian Explains Why Dropping Biden Won’t Help Democrats" seems a little more dramatic than the actual content of the video.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Jesus Christ, just hand it to Trump on a silver platter at that point.
Right, an all female ticket with two of the most divisive (unfairly, perhaps) women in the Democratic party. Only a Clinton - AOC ticket might be more hated by "certain" elements of the electorate.

And yes, a lot of those people would already vote for Trump anyway, but some might not.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I really don’t understand America.

“Yeah this guy’s a fascist crook, but the other guy is like really old…”

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Biden is clearly suffering from more than just being really old, people behind the scenes are leaking more damaging things.

The Bloke wasn't capable of standing trial, yet can run the USA?

That's not to say trump isn't losing it, he just hides it more, a bit like SKS here, he just has to sit back and wait for another Biden disaster which makes the USA look weak.

Biden seems to care more about holding onto power than doing what's right for America

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I ‘voted’ Trump in the poll, I think it’ll end up being a very tight race to be honest, with maybe the biggest voter turnout in history, with a huge turnout of younger, highly motivated voters.

But I feel I’ve been pretty clear in the various threads that I don’t want anyone currently involved, to be running the country.

All I can do is hope for as stable a next 4.5 years as possible.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
That's not to say trump isn't losing it, he just hides it more

You reckon?

I suspect the key difference is that people likely to vote for Trump just don't care as much about his...errmmm...'personal failings' compared to those considering voting for Biden.

And I think they may be right. I'm not convinced that the individual President matters so much as the group that sits behind them.

Which makes Trump losing far more important than it would be if it was just about him. Sleazy, weird, greedy, deluded misogynist that he is, the alliance of global capital, ultra-wealthy individuals and religious nutters that are pulling his strings are the real danger.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

And a lot of the grief that Biden is getting is due to him stumbling with words. Have they not heard Trump speak?

I still think Biden will win.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You reckon?

I suspect the key difference is that people likely to vote for Trump just don't care as much about his...errmmm...'personal failings' compared to those considering voting for Biden.

And I think they may be right. I'm not convinced that the individual President matters so much as the group that sits behind them.

Which makes Trump losing far more important than it would be if it was just about him. Sleazy, weird, greedy, deluded misogynist that he is, the alliance of global capital, ultra-wealthy individuals and religious nutters that are pulling his strings are the real danger.

Maybe those in America are better placed to correct me, but do Americans care more about personal shortcomings or being seen as strong on the world stage?

I think He hides it a lot better when comparing him to biden, look at the debate, a couple of the questions he replied with an answer like - I didn't understand what he said - highlighting the issue more than his own issues.

Trump isn't in the media meeting world leaders every other week, spotlights on Biden stumbling about.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s not looking great for America atm, hopefully they learn from this, since they all but own us wholesale.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Biden‘s speech at NATO Leaders SUMMIT 2024 in Washington. Tuesday 9 July.

(Begins at 45:20 on the video.)

How did he do? You decide.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently it was too confusing to keep the old (undated) thread and add to it (apparently there was a poll in the old thread, which had obviously closed in 2020 - a source of more confusion!), so a moderator renamed the old one '2020 . . . .' in case anyone became fatally confused. So here is a new thread (without a poll - we don't get to vote in the real thing).

Hopefully Biden will (be made to) pull out in the next few weeks so this may be a short lived thread.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hard to know. I’ve heard such different views only today. There are reports the Democrats are falling in line behind Biden even as we speak, whereas others suggest Thursday/Friday will be the days the party tell him time’s up.

So, er… I dunno!

Illuminating, huh?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Biden refusing to give up power for the good of the country is very Trump like.

NATO meeting this week? Could be a chance for him to show he is able look strong in public and in front of world leaders.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Biden refusing to give up power for the good of the country is very Trump like.

NATO meeting this week? Could be a chance for him to show he is able look strong in public and in front of world leaders.
He has a live unscripted prezzer to do today or tomorrow. The first for.......2 years! He will either smash it or it will smash him.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s not looking great for America atm, hopefully they learn from this, since they all but own us wholesale.
Well the future will look even bleaker under another 4 years if Trump is to be believed.

What Trump told his supporters at the Florida Campaign Rally:

Trump warns that there’ll be nuclear war, says ‘we are very close to WW3,’ if people elect Biden because ‘he doesn’t know what he is doing’ and says the Election will be the last the Country ever has if Biden gets in. Says “ thousands of terrorists are pouring into our Country from all over the World” - Still whining about all the ‘false indictments’ and ‘how he won the election’. Says he will introduce the death penalty for drug dealers. Will withdraw funding from schools with a vaccine mandate. Calls Biden a ‘low IQ individual’ and accuses the ‘radical left Democrats’ of wanting to overturn results of Primaries to rig the 2024 election. Says “we will build an iron dome over the whole United States (as with Israel) to defend our Country”. Calls the Green policies fake and cause destruction of the Nation. Mocks proposals to make fighter planes and tanks electric “to keep our enemies’ atmosphere clean of emissions.“

So all the usual scaremongering litany of false information and ignorance but some worrying, radical policy titbits thrown in there too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Apparently it was too confusing to keep the old (undated) thread and add to it (apparently there was a poll in the old thread, which had obviously closed in 2020 - a source of more confusion!), so a moderator renamed the old one '2020 . . . .' in case anyone became fatally confused. So here is a new thread (without a poll - we don't get to vote in the real thing).

Hopefully Biden will (be made to) pull out in the next few weeks so this may be a short lived thread.

What was confusing was having a perfectly good 2024 thread, but for some obscure reason, people choosing to post current stuff in a four year old thread.

This is the perfectly good 2024 thread - so I have merged your unnecessary new thread into it :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And a lot of the grief that Biden is getting is due to him stumbling with words. Have they not heard Trump speak?

I still think Biden will win.
UK bookies widely offering 5/1 on Biden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here