Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So throw out the constitution for political advantage. You’re making shit up. Exactly what the framers warned about…
Did you read my post? What “shit” am I making up? I said: if the Dems did try and pack the Court, that they would open themselves up to criticism of doing so for political reasons. Not sure how you interpret that as me advocating they do so?

Are you drunk or something ? :lol:

The idea of term limits however, is equally advantageous to Reps and Dems - It would allow each president to appoint two justices in a four-year term, and it would end the incentive to choose ever younger justices in the hope they could serve in a powerful position for 30 or 40 years.

FYI - The “framers” of the Constitution had no term limits in the original draft. The 22nd Amendment was only added in 1951 after FDR tried to expand the Court to 15 for political reasons - 237 years after the Constitution was framed.

Last edited:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Did you read my post? Where on earth did I say the Constitution should be thrown out for political advantage? What “shit” am I making up? I said: if the Dems did try and pack the Court, that they would open themselves up to criticism of doing so for political reasons. Not sure how you interpret that as me advocating they do so?

Are you drunk or something - perhaps you should read my post again? :lol:

The idea of term limits however, is popular on both sides of the House as it is equally advantageous to Reps and Dems - It would allow each president to appoint two justices in a four-year term, and it would end the incentive to choose ever younger justices in the hope they could serve in a powerful position for 30 or 40 years.

FYI - The “framers” of the Constitution had no term limits in the original draft. The 22nd Amendment was only added in 1951 after FDR tried to expand the Court to 15 for political reasons - 237 years after the Constitution was framed.

Btw - the Republicans have said they will also pack the court with Republican appointees and have proved already that they are perfectly willing to block a highly qualified judge to the Court because he was an Obama appointee and for no other reason.
That is a highly edited post, but I don’t remember the original…

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
You quoted the original ffs - it’s fully quoted without any amendments in your reply.

Geeze! You are drunk. You are very confrontational toward me for some reason tonight. Guess you have forgotten that we actually get on well 😂

(And “amending” the Constitution isn’t “ throwing it way” as you put it, but adding to it as has been done since it was framed.)
Zeb, you’re a good friend, put it down to the booze. It’s Independence Day!

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Zeb, you’re a good friend, put it down to the booze. It’s Independence Day!
Oh wow, been so wrapped up in the Elections here, I completely forgot.

Happy Independence Day for yesterday.

1720160532190.gif

Hope you enjoyed the celebrations.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Playing the race card was facetious on my part, thats a purely democrat tactic. How has he been corrupt for two decades?
Undeclared holidays, paid for loans received then forgiven, properties purchased on his behalf, education for his family paid for, from fascist billionaires who wish to exert influence.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I still think the Dem vote will turn out in November and they will win the Presidency, hold the Senate and win the House. They will then be in a position to reform SCOTUS, impeach and jail Clarence Thomas, and ensure Trump pays for his crimes.
The alternative is a dictatorship and a revenge fest.on his political enemies.
I'm hopeful that reproductive rights will be the Democrats "Trump" card. They need to be hammering that shit every hour or every day. Vote for us, or the Handmaid's Tale is going to start looking like a documentary.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
FFS!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not at all accurate. You seem to forget that Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden and has also clearly lost his marbles.
The comparison in that Xweet was that :

Trump = King Joffrey Baratheon ( ie a deranged and cruel sadist with no limits ).
Biden = King Viserys I Targaryen ( ie an old king losing his mind at the end ).

I see the idea in the humour.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm hopeful that reproductive rights will be the Democrats "Trump" card. They need to be hammering that shit every hour or every day. Vote for us, or the Handmaid's Tale is going to start looking like a documentary.
Looks like Trump is preparing to launch into a series of media attacks on Biden’s health in the coming weeks. Not sure how the Democrats are going to play this one other than throw mud back and remind everyone he’s unfit for office.

Trump up another few percentage points in the polls - what a train wreck the 2024 election campaign is turning out to be.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Looks like Trump is preparing to launch into a series of media attacks on Biden’s health in the coming weeks. Not sure how the Democrats are going to play this one other than throw mud back and remind everyone he’s unfit for office.

Trump up another few percentage points in the polls - what a train wreck the 2024 election campaign is turning out to be.

The one benefit of potentially replacing Joe is that the replacement could go full bore on "Trump is too old" and "Trump has lost his marbles" without (much) fear of it being turned back around on them.

Another benefit is that Joe is a devout Catholic which makes him a little uncomfortable on the subject of reproductive rights. A non-devout or non-Catholic candidate would have more room to hit that hard. Which they absolutely must do.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The one benefit of potentially replacing Joe is that the replacement could go full bore on "Trump is too old" and "Trump has lost his marbles" without (much) fear of it being turned back around on them.

Another benefit is that Joe is a devout Catholic which makes him a little uncomfortable on the subject of reproductive rights. A non-devout or non-Catholic candidate would have more room to hit that hard. Which they absolutely must do.
True, good points - although is highlighting and focussing a lot of energy on that one issue (when the electorate is already very clear where the parties stand on that ) a use of recourses that could be better deployed elsewhere. It might be an issue though that Harris would do better on.

Latest polls coming in suggest she is ahead of Trump - it may be the polls that will push the DNC one way or another.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
True, good points - although is highlighting and focussing a lot of energy on that one issue (when the electorate is already very clear where the parties stand on that ) a use of recourses that could be better deployed elsewhere. It might be an issue though that Harris would do better on.

Latest polls coming in suggest she is ahead of Trump - it may be the polls that will push the DNC one way or another.

Ooh, Clinton - Harris, yeah I can see some people's heads exploding on that thought. Can't see it happening.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Young Joe probably does need to step aside in good time to allow for proper campaigns. Surely he could just publically call on the Delegates to release their votes for him and allow a contested convention so that the various candidates capable of running a campaign in the timeframe can get started. I fully believe that any Democratic candidate will defeat Trump and if it is someone other than Biden, who can serve a full 8 year term, it will be the end of Trump and Trumpism. Which would be a win for global Democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here