Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You are intellectually incompetent. I have made 3 or 4 posts in 3 days garnering about 25 responses. i have yet to see 1 quote by these "Far right" people that says they are far right. Or a link to their policies. Just 1, any time?
How about one from that leftmost of "in the bubble" journalistic enterprises, Fox News:

or another one:

maybe a brief foray into Breitbart:

🤔

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
“We have allowed the wrong people into this country. We no longer assimilate people and these new legal immigrants do not care to assimilate. Illegal aliens of course have no intention of becoming Americans.”
Surely that's a continuation of the fine and honourable tradition of North American immigration...

81Dq6XSBv+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You are intellectually incompetent. I have made 3 or 4 posts in 3 days garnering about 25 responses. i have yet to see 1 quote by these "Far right" people that says they are far right. Or a link to their policies. Just 1, any time?
As you seem keen on identifying logical fallacies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

And, if you're reduced to a tactic of pretending that you don't know that authoritarian nationalism is a far right trope, then this on might be useful too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Given your critique of my reasoning, I've taken a long hard look at myself and will be doing a bit of reading myself: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pigeon_chess

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Play the ball, not the man please.

Have a short break.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
But I just think Trump's legal worries keep them all in the race. If what i've heard and read is true, the Donald is going to have a hard time staying out of prison in the coming months and could be going down for a long time. The biggest questions surround, can at least one of the trials be completed before he would be due to take office, in none of them is he considered to have a strong case.

It just makes it worth hanging in there for second place. You wouldn't have to be his VP, you've got a great chance at the top job
I don’t disagree with any of that - but to add, I think that it is Trump’s ‘legal worries’ that is actually keeping him in the race (for now at least!) - it all feeds into his narratives of being the persecuted ’man of the people’ and his supporters are buying it.

I agree it will be a race against time to get these court cases concluded before it Trump ends up on State ballots or Trump is sitting in the WH pardoning himself - Trump’s lawyers will do everything to drag proceedings out until then and given the amount of documentation and scheduling required, I personally think it highly unlikely Trump will be convicted of anything before the 2024 Election :

For Trump to go to prison ( unless it’s for a few days for contempt of court) , it would need a unanimous jury - a hung jury, which personally I think is the most likely scenario would result in a mistrial/years of appeals.

This is looking to be an even tighter race than 2016 or 2020 -imo - what Democrats supporters need to do now I think is to finally throw themselves behind Biden 100% and stop half-heartedly hoping a younger more virulent version of Biden is going to pop up from nowhere at the 24th hour and sweep all opposition away like a version of the West Wing.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A Trump government would be even worse than I’d feared.

He actually intends to create a fascist dictatorship clearing out neutral government civil servants and replacing them with Trump loyalists:

“In October 2020, just before he was voted out of office, Mr Trump issued an executive order creating a new category of civil servant. These "Schedule F" positions were senior policymaking roles that had traditionally been filled by career government bureaucrats. Under Mr Trump's order, they could now be fired and replaced by the president and his senior political staff.
It would, in effect, allow a president to clear out thousands of government employees and replace them with loyalists.” BBC

He won’t make the same mistakes again if elected. He’ll want the POTUS roll until he dies and will do everything to stay in the Whitehouse after his term finishes.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
A Trump government would be even worse than I’d feared.

He actually intends to create a fascist dictatorship clearing out neutral government civil servants and replacing them with Trump loyalists:

“In October 2020, just before he was voted out of office, Mr Trump issued an executive order creating a new category of civil servant. These "Schedule F" positions were senior policymaking roles that had traditionally been filled by career government bureaucrats. Under Mr Trump's order, they could now be fired and replaced by the president and his senior political staff.
It would, in effect, allow a president to clear out thousands of government employees and replace them with loyalists.” BBC

He won’t make the same mistakes again if elected. He’ll want the POTUS roll until he dies and will do everything to stay in the Whitehouse after his term finishes.

America as strongman dictatorship. I wish we were closer to Europe, and I don’t mean geographically.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So when you say,

"I don’t even know what that means and what it refers to - but it sounds good - are you a chatbot?"

Thats not being rude? Rules for thee but not for me?

I asked for one quote that proves European leaders are far-right, from them. As this seems beyond you I'll leave it here. I have better things to do than go through 8 to 10 responses for one post. You are all in a bubble which is sad but enjoy the football and have a happy life
it's almost like you've got no conviction at all

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t disagree with any of that - but to add, I think that it is Trump’s ‘legal worries’ that is actually keeping him in the race (for now at least!) - it all feeds into his narratives of being the persecuted ’man of the people’ and his supporters are buying it.

I agree it will be a race against time to get these court cases concluded before it Trump ends up on State ballots or Trump is sitting in the WH pardoning himself - Trump’s lawyers will do everything to drag proceedings out until then and given the amount of documentation and scheduling required, I personally think it highly unlikely Trump will be convicted of anything before the 2024 Election :

For Trump to go to prison ( unless it’s for a few days for contempt of court) , it would need a unanimous jury - a hung jury, which personally I think is the most likely scenario would result in a mistrial/years of appeals.

This is looking to be an even tighter race than 2016 or 2020 -imo - what Democrats supporters need to do now I think is to finally throw themselves behind Biden 100% and stop half-heartedly hoping a younger more virulent version of Biden is going to pop up from nowhere at the 24th hour and sweep all opposition away like a version of the West Wing.
Trump is using the Bibi playbook.

Stand by for an invasion of Mexico if the orange dick head wins again.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would like him to work with the Mexican government to eradicate the cartels that control the southern border.
I'd love Suella Braverman to work with governments in Europe to control the trafficking of illegal aliens.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I would like him to work with the Mexican government to eradicate the cartels that control the southern border.
Why doesn't the US feel they are justified in bombing Mexican villages, kidnapping drug lords' children, torturing them by putting explosives up their arses (ala Denzel Washington in a movie), burning them alive, especially the babies, and delivering those children to human smuggling networks for prostitution much like Hamas?

I truly believe Donald Trump is pure evil and very capable of doing things like this openly.

Last edited:

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Why doesn't the US feel they are justified in bombing Mexican villages, kidnapping drug lords' children, torturing them by putting explosives up their arses (ala Denzel Washington in a movie), burning them alive, especially the babies, and delivering those children to human smuggling networks for prostitution much like Hamas?
You have evidence for these claims I guess? You are also ignoring atrocities the cities carried out by the Israelies. Neither side of this conflict are blameless but the real victims are those poor Palestinians who continue to be slaughtered, men women and children and those slain and kidnapped by the Hamas.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You have evidence for these claims I guess? You are also ignoring atrocities the cities carried out by the Israelies. Neither side of this conflict are blameless but the real victims are those poor Palestinians who continue to be slaughtered, men women and children and those slain and kidnapped by the Hamas.
I don't agree.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

I truly believe Donald Trump is pure evil and very capable of doing things like this openly.
I think that this might be the most disturbed post I’ve ever read. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here