Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ps you missed the most recent ‘attempt’ to shoot him a few weeks ago by a pro-Ukranian nut job who’d been hiding in the bushes on the edge of a golf course for 2 days.

America eh?

I've had people hiding in the bushes on the edge of a golf course but it was to make sure they didn't get hit by my tee shot. :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So HIGNFY is the one UK show I absolutely miss the most. Apparently this is the fourth attempt at a US version, but none of the previous versions have got past a pilot. CNN has apparently ordered an initial ten episode run of this:

First episode dropped on Friday:

It wasn't great, and certainly nowhere near as good, but it had some good moments. I hope it will improve as the host and the captains (and the guests, and the viewers) get more comfortable with the format (so they don't need to explain every round before the round starts).

I will say I absolutely hated the theme music, which is weirdly like the original theme that has been filtered through AI to make it "distinct". Also not sure why they made the half hour original into an hour long show? But then the UK did the same thing with their latest version of Jeopardy! So...

Also, Trump will absolutely hate this show. If he picks up on it and complains of "Truth" social about it, I'm sure CNN are hoping that it will absolutely blow up.

I thought it was quite funny. A very different vibe to the UK version, which I love (and is back in a couple of weeks). It's less uptight too. The jokes about race on there were neither toxic or inappropriate. They were just funny and benign. But the BBC would be too nervous to allow it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here