Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hadn't considered the modern day implications of the religious beliefs of those early settlers. Very good point.
And I managed to write all my verbiage without once mentioning the quasi-religious belief in gun ownership.

Alas, this seems to be embedded in the DNA of Americans across the political spectrum.

(Even after loved ones are massacred by a random mentalist with a gun there is no obvious Damascene conversion to gun control.)

I think this says a lot about people and how a belief can trump all reason when it seems that everyone shares that belief. And we are almost all susceptible to this. Fitting in is incredibly moreish.

(And I haven't even mentioned how a whole nation of Europeans became relaxed about disappearances, pogroms and genocide in the 1930s).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trump insists he won't do a third debate because he won the last one.

He was singed up to that second debate before Sleepy Joe stepped aside.

Yesterday he said only losers want a rematch.

This must mean he thinks he lost the first debate he had with Biden.

Crikey.

Looking forward to a Trump apologist popping along to explain the logic of his latest utterances (that doesn't require invoking some precedent set by Eric Cartman).
I think it's the same with 'Boris' in that they spout so much shit constantly that before anyone has a chance to dig into what they said, they've come up with more crackpot rubbish.

You can't expect to reason with these people - lol at where Trump's "They're eating the dogs..." ramblings came from on the night: a comment from Harris about his rallies and crowds. Fack all to do with what she said.

There's a great clip of Steven Miller losing his shit at a journalist recently (possibly post-debate). They literally cannot deal with a reasonable conversion unless it's with someone on their 'side'...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Compare and contrast

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's the same with 'Boris' in that they spout so much shit constantly that before anyone has a chance to dig into what they said, they've come up with more crackpot rubbish.

You can't expect to reason with these people - lol at where Trump's "They're eating the dogs..." ramblings came from on the night: a comment from Harris about his rallies and crowds. Fack all to do with what she said.

There's a great clip of Steven Miller losing his shit at a journalist recently (possibly post-debate). They literally cannot deal with a reasonable conversion unless it's with someone on their 'side'...
Indeed. And people wonder why I put arseholes on ignore.

Life's too short. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Jesus christ. @lasvegan @Crawley Dingo
Please explain how/why on earth you continue to defend this absolute disgrace of a man
Because the debate was biased, as already stated. Its the DNC which is the disgrace, using lawfare to get Jill Stein of the ballots as well as RFK and Trump, you are a mug.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Indeed. And people wonder why I put arseholes on ignore.

Life's too short. :shrug:

:thumbsup:
I do feel like my life has dramatically improved since I blocked the Dingo! I've never been a fan of blocking people and effectively limiting your exposure to the opposing view - but it adds nothing. It has nothing positive and I've thoroughly enjoyed hearing nothing from that maniac in the last week.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Because the debate was biased, as already stated. Its the DNC which is the disgrace, using lawfare to get Jill Stein of the ballots as well as RFK and Trump, you are a mug.

The question was "how/why on earth you continue to defend this absolute disgrace of a man" I can't see how your answer sets out what it is you see in Trump and why you defend and support him. What is it he's going to bring to the Presidency that you wish to see?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Compare and contrast

A little bit disingenuous as you can't tell how soon before the rally that was taken. People shouldn't look to use his own tactics against him, odious scrote as he may be. I have no doubt Kamala gets much bigger audiences but they have to compare apples with apples.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Was it biased in a way that forced Trump go off on tangents and start spouting all sorts of shit?

Was it biased in letting him have the first word every time?

Was it biased when he was given the opportunity to counter what Harris was saying, but he instead opted to resort to personal criticism, instead of staying on message as he had been advised to do?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
FFS. Who knew cats were going to be such a big issue in this election?

For context, it's a "play" on these ads from Chick-Fil-A, which is, unsurprisingly, a fast food chicken restaurant (and actually very good). They serve no beef.

chickfila-outdoor-hed-2016.png

And..."a dog is for life, not just for breakfast". ..an RSPCA slogan in the US now 😉

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Enforcing actual laws is, to the "party of law and order" lawfare (a made-up term repeated endlessly by dullards).

Meanwhile Donald "lock them up" Trump threatens to punish late night host who have hurt his feel-feels (a direct violation of the First Amendment) and somehow that's fine. Not to mention that he has threatened to revoke ABC's broadcast license because they dared to point out his lies.

[Also Jill Stein of the Ballots? Is that like Bilbo of the Shire?]

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Odd what people choose to "double down" on. The whole eating pet story "I saw it on television!", totally fabricated.
So there is possibly a little context for the pet eating. There was recently an instance of somebody eating a cat in Ohio. It wasn't in Springfield, it was in Canton and it wasn't an immigrant, just a very disturbed woman.

Yesterday city offices in Springfield were evacuated due to a bomb threat. Not to jump to conclusions, but I'd say there's a less than zero chance that it's some nut job MAGA who is mad that they wouldn't back up Trump's deranged fantasies.

Edit, let me try a different link because I think the local news might not be available outside the US:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-ohio-woman-accused-003015124.html

If anybody is curious, this is some (non-graphic) body cam footage of the arrest:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Because the debate was biased, as already stated.
So when the moderators said “it’s illegal to kill babies in any state”, you were outraged that they said that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here