Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Noises that Trump is already wanting to replace Vance.

Starting to look like a clusterfuck for the Republicans.
No way ?!?

Is that possible at this stage after convention ? I suppose he could just step down ???

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
No way.

Is that possible at this stage after convention ? I suppose he could just step down ???
As long as Biden was in place then tangoman felt in control, now Biden has gone i suspect he‘s feeling a bit twitchy.
You do wonder if Vance has started whispering that tangoman is too old …..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Two attack lines on Kamala Harris, - colour and misogyny.
Let's be honest on why Kamala is where she is today, she was the 'DEI' pick for Biden (not even going into the WIllie Brown rabbit hole).

That might sound ugly and ruffle feathers, but that's why she was picked as VP, to gather more votes from female south asian and (some) black female voters.

And to clarify my own stance, I'm personally all for women in power, and I'd personally vote for Tulsi over all current possibilities if that was ever an option.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
No way ?!?

It is a bit complicated after the convention. Much easier before. There really isn't any formal procedure for what to do if a nominee withdraws (or is withdrawn) after they are nominated because it hasn't happened before. Presumably the RNC would ad-hoc some rules to make it work. They'd probably be better off doing it before the DNC since even though the Republican side of the ticket is now set, the Democratic side is not, and so no ballots should have been printed yet.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I like Kamala's style. I think she'll win. But most of all, she has a real sense of humour and laughs. Trump has no sense of humour and
I've never seen him laugh the miserable ***k.
They (the MAGA cult) are already trying to criticize her for "laughing".

FFS, they really have nothing.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

People have been criticizing her flippant and very out of place mocking-style laughing since at least 2019 when discussing medicare, immigration, the border crisis and Afghanistan.

But I believe that you already knew that. 🙃

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Let's be honest on why Kamala is where she is today, she was the 'DEI' pick for Biden (not even going into the WIllie Brown rabbit hole).

That might sound ugly and ruffle feathers, but that's why she was picked as VP, to gather more votes from female south asian and (some) black female voters.

And to clarify my own stance, I'm personally all for women in power, and I'd personally vote for Tulsi over all current possibilities if that was ever an option.

Not sure why it would ruffle feathers, he made a big point of having a woman VP before selecting Harris, and mentioned 4 black woman were on short list.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've always been quite impressed with Harris and could see her as President. However, I'm looking at it with British eyes and from a British political upbringing. America is different - more racist, more mysogynist. Assuming Harris gets the nomination, she has the mother of all fights on her hands but is the diametric opposite of Trump so this should be one hell of a battle.

I do think that Trump has made a bad error in selecting Vance as his running mate. In a tight contest every vote counts, and I don't feel Trump has broadened his appeal. Indeed in some ways Vance is more MAGA than Trump himself.

It is crucial that Harris chooses the right VP candidate that can appeal to middle America, is an excellent communicator and - ideally - will bring with them the backing of one of the swing states. Roy Cooper of North Carolina ticks many boxes but I like Mark Kelly of Arizona - former astronaut and Navy fighter pilot.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I've always been quite impressed with Harris and could see her as President. However, I'm looking at it with British eyes and from a British political upbringing. America is different - more racist, more mysogynist. Assuming Harris gets the nomination, she has the mother of all fights on her hands but is the diametric opposite of Trump so this should be one hell of a battle.

I do think that Trump has made a bad error in selecting Vance as his running mate. In a tight contest every vote counts, and I don't feel Trump has broadened his appeal. Indeed in some ways Vance is more MAGA than Trump himself.

It is crucial that Harris chooses the right VP candidate that can appeal to middle America, is an excellent communicator and - ideally - will bring with them the backing of one of the swing states. Roy Cooper of North Carolina ticks many boxes but I like Mark Kelly of Arizona - former astronaut and Navy fighter pilot.
I've seen it argued that JD Vance was an arrogant pick (and also an arrogant prick, but I digress) intended as a victory lap over a fatally flawed Biden. He was never intended to pick up extra votes from undecided (it being decided that they didn't need them) and instead to stoke the base (again). He was also a last minute pick pushed by Donald Trump Jr (who bears more than a passing resemblance to Vance, if you wanted to unpack that weirdness) over the more boring (but less threatening) Doug Burgum.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Yet if she didn't laugh, they'd denounce her as a humourless ball-breaking feminazi.

Trumpian Republicans really are utter w@nkers.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Were Donald Trump and Hulk Hogan separated at birth because both of them are orange ?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Will be interesting to watch Harris' first rally today in Wisconsin.

It'll also be very interesting to see if all of the Democratic Party's convention delegates unite and back her in August.

Wisconsin Rally live on YouTube in approximately two hours.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

America will vote in a black President again if they believe in what they are selling, I'm assuming the same would apply with a woman as well, Clinton lost to Trump as she was awful

Harris has a chance, but this is the same person Trump was confident Vance would have the better of in a debate, will he fear her?

Trump would have planned for this.

I think she would be in a stronger position if Biden stepped down her and gave her the top job now.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
America will vote in a black President again if they believe in what they are selling, I'm assuming the same would apply with a woman as well, Clinton lost to Trump as she was awful
I think that's a little unfair and maybe disingenous. Hillary relatively significantly beat Trump in the popular vote.
Harris has a chance, but this is the same person Trump was confident Vance would have the better of in a debate, will he fear her?
I personally don't believe Vance was a good appointment, I was quite surprised he didn't go for someone much more popular, well known and generally liked by hispanic voters.
Trump would have planned for this.
Ah, I'm not sure.
I think she would be in a stronger position if Biden stepped down her and gave her the top job now.
Maybe, I think it could go either way. More ammunition (should she make any flub/s as president) for the red team to use against her during the election campaigns. And on the other foot, more experience and confidence having performed in the role for a few months.
I do think it'd be a net-negative though if Biden were to vacate the Presidency at any time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here