Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Starmer gave one hell of a spech tonight, basically 'Britain is back, baby' but the first 4 questions immediately afterwards were not about the content but about Biden.

That says it all - Biden has to step out of the race swiftly and with grace. The Democrats need to identify the best person to beat Trump and get them to replace Biden.

Edit - Biden giving his own press conference when asked about him standing has just called Vice President Harris "Vice President Trump'. It's over for him now.

And he's coughed / cleared his throat 7 or 8 times in a few minutes, he is not well.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For a gentleman well into his 80's, under immense scrutiny and with the eyes of the world on him, I have to say, this is impressive.

However, for the POTUS, this is woefully short of the authority, clarity of thought and core communication skills required.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Oh dear - while he clearly had a handle on the issues this was painful to watch - and his attempt to speak clearly was just rambling, raspy and utterly soporific. Interestingly he says there’s other people that can beat Trump too and suggested that the Convention might be an opportunity for Delegates to vote for another candidate.

He obviously has a weakened resolve as to whether he should continue to run and seemed to leave a lot of doors open that he still might stand down.

This whole campaign is turning into Biden on the back foot having to prove to his own supporters that he is fit to stand and has become an exercise in damage limitation.
For a gentleman well into his 80's, under immense scrutiny and with the eyes of the world on him, I have to say, this impressive.

However, for the POTUS, this is woefully short of the authority, clarity of thought and core communication skills required.
I think that’s a fair assessment.

Tweets from ranking Democrats coming in fast and furious saying he should go.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
For those that fell asleep 😉

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
O.M.G.

Biden: “ I now hand you over to the President of Ukraine, President Putin”

After being prompted by aides, he says “I mean President Zelenskyy “

There is no fcuking way he will survive a gaffe like that, Trump will rip him to shreds as will the press. This is a man with his hands on the nuclear football. “Ooops, I meant fire at Russia not France”
I don’t think Zelenskyy cares what he’s called, as long as he’s promised another kazillion dollars.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
cheerfulsnappycrab-poster.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Biden’s unscripted prezza begins in about an hour. The general unwritten rule in politics is that when the politician becomes the story rather than the issues, then it’s game up and time to exit stage left.

I can’t fathom why Biden can’t or won’t accept this. He’s finished.

Jesus H. This is nuts.
The jig is up, no rational or sane person could surely claim that this person is fit for anything other than a nice late-retirement, some warm sunshine and a comfy bed.

Jill Biden has a lot to answer for too, imo.
People have suggested she should be the one telling him to step down... but what if she is the one that's encouraging him to stand again ? ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For a gentleman well into his 80's, under immense scrutiny and with the eyes of the world on him, I have to say, this is impressive.

This.

He needs to see sense and step down while he still has any dignity left with which to do it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The 2024 thread was not on the NSC front page. I did look for one, even using the search function, but what came up was the old one. So I used that rather than make a new one.

It is in the gift of moderators to merge my needless thread with the existent 2024 one (that I could not fine). Instead I was moaned at for using the 2020 thread (implying I should create a new one, which I did) <sigh> :wink:

I am please a moderator has finally merged the two 2024 threads. :thumbsup:
you're spoiling it for everyone

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don’t think Zelenskyy cares what he’s called, as long as he’s promised another kazillion dollars.

Quite. Zelenskyy will just shrug it off - he "needs ammo not a ride". He'll not care about stumbled words.

Not really the point though is it.

Should the current President of the US, let alone one who is running to serve for another 4 years, be making gaffes like that? Zelenskyy was good natured enough to laugh it off and it’s not about him anyway - this was a NATO summit with all the heads of states in attendance discussing Russian aggression in Europe ffs. The only story that has come out of the Summit is Biden’s questionable cognitive competency.

The optics aren’t good are they.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Should the current President of the US, let alone one who is running to serve for another 4 years, be making gaffes like that?

No they shouldn't. They also shouldn't be telling doctors to try and inject disinfectant in our bodies to kill covid. The covid that's nothing more than a cold, that is. They shouldn't be trying to get governors to lie about the number of votes, etc etc.

What a mess the US is in.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here