Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2024-25 Pre-Season Friendly Thread - First team, U-21s and U-18s

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Hope so. I was planning on taking my son to his first game and a pre-season friendly when it's warm, less traffic and I can inevitably leave at half time seemed like the perfect opportunity!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope so. I was planning on taking my son to his first game and a pre-season friendly when it's warm, less traffic and I can inevitably leave at half time seemed like the perfect opportunity!
This. I'll be PROPER annoyed if it's (inexplicably) an evening game like last year.

Will be my son's 2nd game - Brighton 5 - 1 Espanyol was his first in 2022, at the tender age of 4. 6 goals in the glorious sunshine. My son (after 24 minutes) "I'm bored. Football is loooooong. When does this end?"

Let's see how long he can last now he's 6.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This. I'll be PROPER annoyed if it's (inexplicably) an evening game like last year.

Will be my son's 2nd game - Brighton 5 - 1 Espanyol was his first in 2022, at the tender age of 4. 6 goals in the glorious sunshine. My son (after 24 minutes) "I'm bored. Football is loooooong. When does this end?"

By some miracle I managed to get my 4 year old around the (2 bloody hour with no drink/food available) Amex tour. It is alleged that I tried to open a fridge in the media room to grab a drink, only to find it locked.

I don't hold out much hope of seeing more than 45 mins of football if I'm lucky tbh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't hold out much hope of seeing more than 45 mins of football if I'm lucky tbh.
I think that's it - go in with realistic expectations.

My (at the time) 4 year old loved everything else about it- getting his face painted, meeting Gully, getting the same Brighton shirt as his Dad, the stadium etc. It was just the actual football itself he didn't find interesting. I stocked up on snacks and had a Nintendo DS to hand, obviously.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow

It's about the atmosphere, you need to take him to a proper game. My girls have loved watching the Albion from a very young game, but what they love most is the singing and sweary old drunk men. This will not have the same effect at a friendly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I see QPR are selling home friendly tickets for their game v Spurs on 20 July for £23 a standard ticket so I guess that'll be roughly what we will get charged

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

How did taking him to the cricket go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here