Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's why we are going down

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
there are moments in a season that when you look back you think that was a turning point.

i think had hammond scored we were home and hosed and millwall would not come back. he didnt.

we quite simply seem unable to finish teams off when we are in the driving seat. it is happening too often. QPR, although we won was another example of this. today showed what happens when you dont take the chances to finish a team off at 1 0 up. we can not go in front and spend the rest of the game hoping the opposition lie down.

millwall to their credit came out fighting in the second half and could have had more. we are seriously lacking in front of goal, again, until that changes it is going to be hard work!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
McGhee repeatedly gets outfoxed tactically but other managers and we never seem to have a plan B during games.

Sadly, when plan A is whack it up to McCammon who might get a flick on, you are never going to roll over too many teams.

In defence of McGhee, I do remember Kazim-Richards coming off the bench against Coventry and scoring with his first touch so he has got lucky at least once with subs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were fecking hopeless in the second half but hey shit happens.

I really hop we come away with a point on Monday.

Redhill Seagull

Oct 22, 2003
Redhill
I think today we thought we had the game won at half time and were completley surprised by millwall making 3 subs and chaging tactics. by the time the players realised what was happenung we was 2-1 down and didnt know how to go and win the game again.

Sep 18, 2003
Can't believe what I watched. Did we swap shirts at half time?

Problem has been all season, not being able to convert chances. Over the game as whole, I think our chances on goal must have been double theirs, and we had the better chances.

Difference being, they came out in the second and converted theirs. Hammonds chance, and Knights (and Leon wonders why he is on the bench?)

I remember being pissed off after the plymouth game - why wasn't that one 5-0?

I bet saints are worried - not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here