Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thats It - Ban Turkey & Turkish Clubs Before Someone Is Seriously Hurt!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gotsmanov said:
Damnit, it's obvious to you, and it's obvious to me.

I've got a plan, let's have a f***ing REVOLUTION. Chappers, you go and take over FIFA, i'll run UEFA.

Savvy, the face of world football will be very different with us in charge.

Imagine the Christian Ronaldo trying to driblle in clown shoes.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
As head of UEFA, I will introduce a second, blue, ball to the field of play, worth TWO goals. It'll be sweet watching the confusion on players' faces, not knowing whether to grab the glory of scoring with the blue ball, or hedging their bets and going for the white ball. There'll be two different herds on the field.

In fact, f*** it, i'm only gonna introduce the blue ball for extra time, do away with this gold, silver and platinum goal bollocks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great idea, do you remember those balls that had weights i them so when you threw them they wobbled in the air? Well, they might be worth a trial. Just for shits and giigles like.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Great idea, do you remember those balls that had weights i them so when you threw them they wobbled in the air? Well, they might be worth a trial. Just for shits and giigles like.

OK, we'll use them for extra time in the UEFA, Carling, and LDV cups, but only after a pointless trial in the Jersey Island league. They will also be coloured pink.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
going back to the oiginal post..... they already have woobley balls in the premiership...supplied by Nike!!!

I used to laugh when you English fans got picked on all the time, riot police wading in, tear gas, water cannons, oh how I cried with laughter....

But what the turkish teams supporters are getting away with is scandalous, is it going to take another tragedy like Heysil (sp) before UEFA do something?

Like you all say, it is a minority of home nation fans that want to ruin it for everyone, but in turkey's case it seems to be the majority...

Ban them I say!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
MrV said:
In all fairness, nothing happened last night which merits a ban for Besikitas.

Turkey is an excessively patriotic country (Cola Türke sells four times as well as Coca Cola over there, despite tasting like piss). There are a lot of peasants that come from the villages and suburbs (usually identifyable by a thick black moustache), these are the people that tend to cause the trouble - they don't seem to know right from wrong.

Turkey was shit at almost everything before the last decade or so, so now they've actually become a recognised country in Football (and other things) these wild patriotic peasants go mad when they play respectable countries like England.

I think the only way Turkey will sort out this problem is at home, not a lot UEFA or FIFA can do about it except prompt the Turkish FA with further fines.

Total rubbish, so Turkey has social problems (and a questionable human rights record) that is still no excuse. Just like the normal England answer of it is only the minority, this argument that it is the patrotic peasants does not wash. Each time the Turks play up, UEFA should be finning them and if that does not work then impose a Heysel like ban on them.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Chelsea will have to wait until February to hear if Besiktas will be punished after fans threw missiles on to the pitch in Germany.

The Champions League tie was held at a neutral venue after bombings in Turkey, but the atmosphere remained hostile.

Chelsea's Frank Lampard said: "I'm sure Uefa have got legislation to deal with this and it is about time they did something about it."

But Uefa said its disciplinary panel would not meet until late February.

And a spokesman for European football's governing body said it would wait for the match officials' report before deciding whether Besiktas should face any charges.

"It should come in today," the spokesman added. "We will then decide whether we need to instigate disciplinary proceedings."

The Chelsea bench were forced to raise umbrellas to shield themselves from coins and other objects being thrown from the crowd.

I'm larfin my bollo0x off at the thought of Chelsea (of all clubs) protesting about crowd violence..............................

Anyone recall.................

Ken Bates and his electric fence at Stamford Bridge
The Goldstone, late September, back in 83
Chelsea Headhunters (the most feared hoolie firm of the eighties)

Their fans have long been a byword for violent behaviour

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ken Bates wants Uefa to ban Besiktas from European competition in the wake of Tuesday night's scenes in Germany.

European football's governing body have begun disciplinary proceedings against the Turkish club following crowd trouble at the Champions League match with Chelsea.

Uefa switched the game from Istanbul to Gelsenkirchen following recent terrorist attacks but the angry locals were determined to make Chelsea feel as if they were in Turkey.

Chelsea had to leave the pitch shielded by umbrellas to avoid a barrage of missiles.

Blues defender John Terry compared the experience to playing for Sven-Goran Eriksson's England in Turkey in their final Euro 2004 qualifier in Istanbul in October.

Chelsea chairman Bates Besiktas should receive a firmer punishment than Lazio defender Sinisa Mihajlovic got for spitting at Chelsea's Adrian Mutu in last month's Champions League clash between the teams.

Bates told Sky Sports News: "If they (Uefa) can fine one man for spitting within 48 hours and ban him for eight matches, then what should they be doing to a club who don't seem to be able to control their fans?

"Turkey is a country which seems to get away with everything - I think they (Besiktas) should be banned from European competition for a year.

"It annoys me that there seems to be one rule for the British clubs and one rule for the rest."

The second half of Tuesday's match was delayed by around eight minutes when Besiktas fans threw toilet rolls onto the pitch.

And Bates claimed: "All those toilet rolls coming on was orchestrated.

"They wanted to get the kick-off delayed so they (Besiktas) would know what the other result was before our game finished."

He joked: "I said to (Chelsea owner) Roman Abramovich, 'if you fancy making another billion, go and open another toilet factory in Turkey'."

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
problem is, whats good for the goose is good for the gander but obviously not the turkey.

ban them now. thank f**k they didnt get to euro 2004. nice 1 latvia. oh, and i do believe nice 1 england aswell.
:lolol: :clap:

Stumpy Tim

Congratulations Trigger. You are the first person to dig out a sensible quote from Ken Bates. The guys's a :censored: , but he's right.

Turkey should be given a final warning, like we had when our fans dared to celebrate beating Turkey by running on the pitch mobbing the players. Still, celebrating a goal is much more serious than throwing coins & knives at players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here