Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cos reliance on a deregulated Financial Services sector has panned out really well then :rolleyes:

Yes it worked even better for labour :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, phoney Lincs housewife who engineered a war to get here back into power. Then dismantled the whole notion of collective responsibility within government; sold off the Nation's public utilities to anybody who had the money (especially foreign-owned businesses); flogged off low-cost social housing with no intention of replacing the available stock; used massed unemployment as a 'legitimate' tool to prevent inflation; vehemently opposed the minimum wage; destroyed communities through little or no investment in traditional industries who were crying out for help; formulated policies by favouring the advice of advisors against those of her ministers; megalomaniacal delusions; yuppies...

Forgive me if I don't cry into my chips when the old cow finally croaks.

:bowdown::bowdown: Excellent post.

I think that answers HB&Bs question.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This.

Thanks Maggie for all you've done for me. Anyone of my generation in this region who did not reap the same benefits must be some f***ing thicko.

I reaped the benefit of Maggies de-regulation of the NHS which within, 5 years resulted in the shutdown of my factory in Worthing employing 350 workers. I was one of 6 who kept a job rather than have forced redundancy. The job was in Crawley which meant an additional outlay for a second car, It was the only way I could pay the Rates, which trebled when Maggie introduced Poll Tax . I was just able to keep my family afloat at a time of the excessively high mortgage rate... yes, thanks Maggie

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
And that is why she is such an icon worlwide unless you are an Argie.
If she pissed you and your kind off good it needed it.

Don't worry you will have the NSC big guns (socialits iterlecktuaals) with you soon on this thread.

You don't really 'do' politics do you? :wink:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Yeah, phoney Lincs housewife who engineered a war to get here back into power. Then dismantled the whole notion of collective responsibility within government; sold off the Nation's public utilities to anybody who had the money (especially foreign-owned businesses); flogged off low-cost social housing with no intention of replacing the available stock; used massed unemployment as a 'legitimate' tool to prevent inflation; vehemently opposed the minimum wage; destroyed communities through little or no investment in traditional industries who were crying out for help; formulated policies by favouring the advice of advisors against those of her ministers; megalomaniacal delusions; yuppies...

and the problem is? I can see that you are entitled to your opinion and hope that you would see I am entitled to mine.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No and don't pretend to unlike some.

Fair enough.

To be truthful, I don't really know - any more than the next person - what the answers are, but for me Thatch' will only ever provoke anger. At least she was about when there was still fire in people's bellies & many a character in the Commons, unlike these current no-marks. Wouldn't trust any of 'em further than I could (respectfully) spit dirty dishwater. Hey ho.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
And what do you know about it, you were born in what year ? go on tell us.

I'm 24 and I know a lot about it. It is an interest of mine.

I don't see how this makes any difference. You may be older than me (you may not) but you certainly are not acting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here