Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Wissa Punch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The rule is ‘violent conduct’ - if that isn’t, I don’t know what is…

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Exactly….perhaps posters questioning the incident should watch MOTD on iplayer ..clearly shows Gilmour being thumped
Quite

Or just look at the second angle of the clip I posted above - clearly shows Wissa making physical contact

or hear what 9 different Brentford fans had to say (posted on their forum) - guess they must be looking through ‘blue and white tinted spectacles’ too?

”Wissa you idiot. Lucky, should’ve been a red”
”Not entirely sure how he’s got away with that with the usual nonsense VAR gives”
”What the hell is Wissa doing”
”Wissa is going to get sent off. For f*** sake’
”Wissa should have been off.”
”Sorry if that’s the other way round every single person on here would be going on how bad the refs are. He’s got away with it, massively”
“Threw his hand into someone’s face. Ridiculous from Wissa, how he wasn’t sent off I’ll never know. Lucky lucky boy”
”Whether we think it *should* be a red or not, Wissa is very lucky there.”
”He raised his hand and made contact. He was nowhere near the ball. Stupid thing to do,”

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Quite

Or just look at the second angle of the clip I posted above - clearly shows Wissa making physical contact

or hear what 9 different Brentford fans had to say (posted on their forum) - guess they must be looking through ‘blue and white tinted spectacles’ too?

”Wissa you idiot. Lucky, should’ve been a red”
”Not entirely sure how he’s got away with that with the usual nonsense VAR gives”
”What the hell is Wissa doing”
”Wissa is going to get sent off. For f*** sake’
”Wissa should have been off.”
”Sorry if that’s the other way round every single person on here would be going on how bad the refs are. He’s got away with it, massively”
“Threw his hand into someone’s face. Ridiculous from Wissa, how he wasn’t sent off I’ll never know. Lucky lucky boy”
”Whether we think it *should* be a red or not, Wissa is very lucky there.”
”He raised his hand and made contact. He was nowhere near the ball. Stupid thing to do,”
Typical 'blue and white specs' 🙄

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Got to love our fans:

Palinha elbows Gross in the Jaw. "a coming together" - Goes on to equalise
Wissa Punches Gilmour in the face " yellow each. The ref got that right" - No impact
Haaland screaming "f***, off, f*** off " in the Ref's face " Well he got booked!" - No impact

Dunk calls Taylor a prick as he turns away, "Dunk was stupid, deserves what he gets" - 2 match ban.

PGMOL apologist wankers on here sometimes.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Thread needs a poll. A lot of mixed opinions about this so far......

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Got to love our fans:

Palinha elbows Gross in the Jaw. "a coming together" - Goes on to equalise
Wissa Punches Gilmour in the face " yellow each. The ref got that right" - No impact
Haaland screaming "f***, off, f*** off " in the Ref's face " Well he got booked!" - No impact

Dunk calls Taylor a prick as he turns away, "Dunk was stupid, deserves what he gets" - 2 match ban.

PGMOL apologist wankers on here sometimes.

Nobody thought the Paulinha one wasnt a red card. That was intent. This one wasn't intent, it shouldn't be a red.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
People really think that was a punch? He's going for the ball and catches his face by accident.

If that's a red card it's absolutely ridiculous.
HE ISN'T GOING FOR THE BALL.
THE BALL IA ON THE OTHER SIDE OF WBG's BODY AND MUCH LOWER DOWN.

If one of our players did this and was sent off, would you be up in arms?
I wouldn't. I know you aren't allowed to do that.
I might think it was soft. But it's still a stupid thing to do.

PGMOL apologised for a very timid "headbutt" not being given in the wolves game.
It's the same rationale.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cause its completely accidental and he's not even trying to be physical against Gilmour's body, like someone pushing a player in the chest, he's trying to grab the ball that Gilmour was keeping from him.

That's why.
He isn't.

Absolutely no attempt to get the ball.
He may want to get the ball. but he is lashing out at the player as part of his attempt to do that.

Not allowed.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
strikes opponent
Flicking the tip of his nose with the tips of your fingers is hardly "striking" your opponent. No intent. He was trying to get the ball, not deliberately delivering an uppercut to his lower jaw as some people seem to think on here. I find the opinions of some on here quite baffling. Maybe it's the late night crowd and some of you are up late after a few too many shandies. :drink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
HE ISN'T GOING FOR THE BALL.
THE BALL IA ON THE OTHER SIDE OF WBG's BODY AND MUCH LOWER DOWN.

If one of our players did this and was sent off, would you be up in arms?
I wouldn't. I know you aren't allowed to do that.
I might think it was soft. But it's still a stupid thing to do.

PGMOL apologised for a very timid "headbutt" not being given in the wolves game.
It's the same rationale.
Plsyers grab for the ball all the time ìn every match when it's being kept from them, often when a throw in has been awarded. I don't really want to see a spate of reds for that :p

Yes the ball is much lower down, but to be fair so is Billy's head :lolol: He's a very small man....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Flicking the tip of his nose with the tips of your fingers is hardly "striking" your opponent. No intent. He was trying to get the ball, not deliberately delivering an uppercut to his lower jaw as some people seem to think on here. I find the opinions of some on here quite baffling. Maybe it's the late night crowd and some of you are up late after a few too many shandies. :drink:

Some of us have just got home after travelling hours to support our team.

Others are just being sanctimonious pricks for the responses....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The very notion that Wissa swung a full-blown Mike Tyson haymaker of a fist at Gilmour's FACE in order to lay him out is just a ridiculous view to take.

He went to swipe the ball off him, missed, and brushed Gilmour's chin in the process. Thats all. There was no intent to "clump" him. I suppose in the days of "HE'S RAISED HIS HAND HE'S RAISED HIS HAND!!" pearl-clutching game we now watch you could build a case for it, as many seem to be doing. But if anyone here considers that to be an actual "punch", then I'm not sure I'd want you having my back when it kicks off in a 'Spoons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clattenburg, a retired professional referee, was on Amazon Prime, and asked by the pundits, for his verdict, which was red.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The very notion that Wissa swung a full-blown Mike Tyson haymaker of a fist at Gilmour's FACE in order to lay him out is just a ridiculous view to take.

He went to swipe the ball off him, missed, and brushed Gilmour's chin in the process. Thats all. There was no intent to "clump" him. I suppose in the days of "HE'S RAISED HIS HAND HE'S RAISED HIS HAND!!" pearl-clutching game we now watch you could build a case for it, as many seem to be doing. But if anyone here considers that to be an actual "punch", then I'm not sure I'd want you having my back when it kicks off in a 'Spoons.
No-one is claiming it's a haymaker.
Equally no-one seriously thinks JP fouled Janelt, but the sanction for that type of mistake is a Penalty.
We all know that.

The sanction for raising your hand and striking an opponent is a red.
Has been for a very long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here