Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

that thing archer

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton supporters protesting outside the Blackburn home of the club's chairman Bill Archer last night had more cause for anger, after the Football Association charged the Third Division side with failing to control spectators following crowd trouble against Lincoln on Tuesday.

Protesting fans spilled on to the pitch twice during the Seagulls' 3- 1 defeat at the Goldstone Ground, both times after Lincoln had scored. There was another invasion at the final whistle, when around 50 supporters made their way to the centre circle for a further brief protest against the club's beleaguered board. Now the FA could invoke the suspended sentence hanging over Brighton following the crowd disturbances which forced the abandonment of the game with York in April. That would mean the south coast club being forced to play one match behind closed doors as well as having three League points deducted. The FA acted after examining reports from the referee, Steve Bennett, and its own representative at the game, John Davey.

Anybody here go on that march? :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yup! Remember dozens of police, expecting a bunch of hooligans, watching baffled as Attila leapt onto the wall by Archer's gate and started reciting poetry!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im trying to find any tv footage of the day,got about 14 seconds of useless,typical as you say brighton and hove albion hooligans stalk football chairman,i would like the real story of the day.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Yes I was there and it was the day that PC Beard told me if I step inside the Goldstone Ground again I would be banned for my part in the Lincoln pitch invasion. Fast forward one week against Cambridge 20 minutes into the game and I'm off down Hove police station to get my ban.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Looking at all that old footage how the fook did those two not go to prison for systematic fraud of a football club,they got off scott free with a big wedge leaving behind a empty shell.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
We (A21) made the banner 'Homeless, Broke, The Boards A Joke' pictured at Mellor that day. I am rather proud that it was my slogan (thought up in 2mins flat in a phone call to my mate who was getting the letters put on). We had a 2nd one which read 'another fine mess we're in Stanley'. We had them both made up for the Bournemouth away protest where as many banners as possible was the order of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here