Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That QPR Documentary Last Night

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shiver me timbers what a cunch of bunts that mob were - Flavio Briatore and his mafia-like right hand man slating every manager coming through the revolving door at Loftus Road, trying to dictate substitions and formations before and during games all topped off with the 'no pressure' Indian blokes on the board as well. Who'd be a football manager? Well at QPR anyway. I hope things are a bit more chillaxed behind the scenes at BHA or, based on the QPR model, it'll be Gus and Tanno in concrete shoes being pushed off the pier at midnight if we're not in the Premiership by this time next season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tiver me fuckin' shimbers! And I thought my thread had so much going for it to boot!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Flavio Briatore, what absolute cnuts he and his mafia mob (as some one else already stated) are.
Every manager they had every player that made a mistake was a f***ing idiot according to them, lawsuits on the way after this program me thinks !!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Fascinating, well worth watching for an insight into the boardroom and timely given the current turnover of managers across footie. But what a nest of vipers at QPR. Yes Briatore and his henchmen 'bought' QPR when it was on the brink so were entitled to some influence but that scheming behind the managers back, the owner telling the sporting director telling assistant manager during the match what substitutions to make. All that machiavellian (?) sinister stuff spoken in Italian by Briatore and mates, like a cross between Goodfellas and The GodFather. Then the Sporting Director getting knifed in the back himself and Ecclestone becoming majority shareholder without other Directors knowing. Makes Archer and Bellotti look like a bunch of petty amateurs.

I guess it was worse in practice but had to condense four seasons into a sanitised version of 'highlights'. I would love to see the programme cover right up to when Warnock left, albeit Tony Fernandes had taken over as owner. Don't think Warnock would have stood for so much interference and back stabbing from the boardroom and I bet the sparks flew. There would have been blood on the carpets.

I bet a lot of Club managers watched that and thought they dodged a bullet or two not getting the QPR job. I'm sure that TB and Gus have their moments but somehow I can't see the same dynamics going on at The Amex.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
What an absolute bunch of tossers the Italians were (are). Does anybody know where they have crawled off to now?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suppose thats how people like Briatore and Ecclestone became billionaires - completely ruthless, no room for sentiment, acting quickly and decisively, and don't care how many casualties are caused on the way.....I still wonder about their motives in getting involved with QPR, always seems more to it than just footie. But then maybe it was just a plaything using their spare change.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Should somehow make sure Gus watches it lol, sure he knows how lucky he is to have Bloom but wouldn't hurt to be reminded that the grass isn't always greener

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It was truly unbelievable.... an absolute car crash of a club when they were running it.

All the more remarkable that Warnock got them up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I suppose thats how people like Briatore and Ecclestone became billionaires - completely ruthless, no room for sentiment, acting quickly and decisively, and don't care how many casualties are caused on the way.....I still wonder about their motives in getting involved with QPR, always seems more to it than just footie. But then maybe it was just a plaything using their spare change.

In the light of the money involved, it did seem amazing that the Indian bloke was impressed with the club potentially saving £500 a match on flowers (or whatever the figure quoted was). How many hundreds of thousands were wasted in paying up the contracts of the five or six managers they went through?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Should somehow make sure Gus watches it lol, sure he knows how lucky he is to have Bloom but wouldn't hurt to be reminded that the grass isn't always greener

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure Gus isn't naive about what lurks at the business end of ambitious football clubs, but I'd sleep happier knowing that he'd seen that documentary. :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought Bhatia came out of that quite well. He was the only one of them that seemed like a decent owner

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was an excellent programme. The Indian bloke Bhatia came across very well but Paladini came across as a (unt.

They could have done the subject more justice by making it a 2-parter. Why would Briatore sell his controlling stake to Ecclestone, who then promptly sold it to Tony Fernandes? What the hell happened over the summer of 2011 etc etc.

So many questions. Warnock came out of it with reputation enhanced and more. He'll get Leeds sorted in time.

Jul 20, 2003
I thought it was an excellent programme. The Indian bloke Bhatia came across very well but Paladini came across as a (unt.

They could have done the subject more justice by making it a 2-parter. Why would Briatore sell his controlling stake to Ecclestone, who then promptly sold it to Tony Fernandes? What the hell happened over the summer of 2011 etc etc.

So many questions. Warnock came out of it with reputation enhanced and more. He'll get Leeds sorted in time.

I'm not going to do a 'this' on this

but I concur

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here