Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That new song being started by the North Stand on Saturday...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wasn't that keen on it (nothing to do with the flimsy palace connotation) but it definitely caught on and a lot of people do seem to like it it, so I doubt whining about it on here is going to make it stop.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm starting to get really pissed off with all this.

Some of you need a long cold hard look at yourselves and ask what makes you a supporter of our great club. It seems to me many of you would rather we either sang the same old boring crap we sing every week or remain deathly silent. There's also a few who moan about fans who wear the club's colours. Where's the passion gone? Far too many 'fans' on this forum come across as "too cool for school". I'm glad the majority of us know how to support a football club, I'm also glad the majority don't post endless crap on here too.

Who are you to say what we should or shouldn't sing, what we should or shouldn't wear...? Imbeciles!

I am praying to the big seagull in the sky that I wont be sat next to anyone who will not give the full 100% when supporting The Albion.

:flounce:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Some of you need a long cold hard look at yourselves and ask what makes you a supporter of our great club. It seems to me many of you would rather we either sang the same old boring crap we sing every week or remain deathly silent. There's also a few who moan about fans who wear the club's colours. Where's the passion gone? Far too many 'fans' on this forum come across as "too cool for school". I'm glad the majority of us know how to support a football club, I'm also glad the majority don't post endless crap on here too.

Who are you to say what we should or shouldn't sing, what we should or shouldn't wear...? Imbeciles!

I am praying to the big seagull in the sky that I wont be sat next to anyone who will not give the full 100% when supporting The Albion.

No hypocrisy there then :moo:

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
lets get all 3 stands singing it at same time.and piss all over the palace effort.f*** em.lets just take the song and make it ours

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
by the way if anyone wants ideas for songs.look at some stuff by psg.i went with some mates a few years ago to psg v arsenal ecwc semi and that place really fuxking rocks..even roll out the barrell with diffrent words i guess sung by 40 odd thousand parisians was amazing

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Been reading the other thread and commented on there,and after thinking about this song over the weekend I come to the conclusion it's not because it's a palarse,st.Pauli etc song that I don't like it, its just because it's f***ing embarassing !!!
It has no soul and no emotion, it just drones on and on.....................it is a bland chant for the Xbox generation .

But hey..............only time will tell.

this is such rubbish.

with the exception of GOSBTS, what songs do we have in our repetoire that have (a) soul and (b) emotion in such abundance, that this tune fares so poorly by comparison?

the only other example i can think of is Build a Bonfire, and that hardly gets an outing anymore does it.

I'm also happy a new generation of North Standers are so keen to take the reigns, try and be creative (albeit often with other team's tunes) and help generate an atmosphere. i spent years berating the East, South and West Standers at the Goldstone.... and now I'm a bit older and up in WSU I'm happy for them to take a pop at me, and hopefully spark life from other parts of the stadium - which they will.

This is a new era, and I look forward to a new generation of songs, with some oldies brought along for the ride.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
No hypocrisy there then :moo:

Hmmm.. I don't see that. I'm not telling anyone to stop singing the same songs we all love, but it does get boring and anything different should be encouraged.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
Hmmm.. I don't see that. I'm not telling anyone to stop singing the same songs we all love, but it does get boring and anything different should be encouraged.

agree come on lets get the amex rocking.old and new songs....i mean i miss the old p a l a c e (dougie freedmans)got vd
and wherever we go,people wanna know..maybe theyl be heard again maybe not.but come on all you old farts make some noise

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

One would be inclined to think that as you referred to the "same songs we all love" as "same old boring crap", that you were none too keen on them and you'd prefer if they weren't sung. Anyway I'm not trying to stop anyone singing it, I've merely stated that I don't like and as such won't be joining in, in much the same way as I've never liked the Bright Eyes song. :moo:

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Whaz iz tat-sundz 2 skool 4 kool 2 mi

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sounded good from the WSU-keep it going i say.
By the way,what words do Palace use?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ha ha, this thread is so funny. One man, Walt J, trying to stop the best new song in ages - too late mate! It's caught on and TomySuperCup along with East London Seagull can take a bow for writing the lyrics and relentlessly going for it until the rest of the North Stand took it up. I was stood next to 'em and though Harveys was taking its toll, I sang my lungs out with 'em (with a couple of breaks to catch my breath, them boys just kept going though!).

It was fanstastic seeing them go for it and little by little lots of people started to join in. Was a fascinating study of how a new terrace anthem is born and to hear it being sung afterwards as the crowd filtered away was brilliant

So well done TomySuperCup and East London. The first Legends of the New North Stand! Of course, I let them practice in my garden shed in the run up to the game and Gripper Stebson orchestrated them so really, we're the bands management and should be credited too.

PS big hello to drumstick who came over after the game and said hello / told us how he was getting the song to catch on over the other side. Seemed like a really nice chap too - well played son!

PPS Walt, come and join us - North Stand Kollective is up and running! The SEA, the SEA, la la la la lah, la la la la lah!!

fullofplastics

Aug 1, 2011
hhahaha that video ive seen some piss poor attempts before watfords yellow order ultras has to be the worst but then you guys came along and you topped it alright never heard such a pathetic version the lyrics the fans the whole lot EMBARRASSING

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Ha ha, I wasn't responsible for anything more than singing it, Portlock, but ta anyway! Certainly was hoarse after 20 mins! What's great about the song, IMHO, is that it could go right round the stadium (skipping the south, of course). North starts it with the North Stand words, then West takes it over for the next verse, with 'We are the West Stand...' then onto East or back to North and so on. Could be amazing if tens of thousands joined in. THE SEA bit for me is the best bit for me. Inspiration came from Spain, btw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here