That Magners Irish Cider.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dougdeep said:
It will sell draught Harveys from the 2nd week in july too. :drink: :clap2:

Draught Harveys :clap2: :clap2:

Had 4 pints of Sussex finest ale in Upper Beeding last night prior to a ruby at the Maharajah :clap2: :clap2:

Fell off my bike cycling back to Shoreham, massive bruise on my right thigh :down:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Just had my first Mangers experience (yes big bottle lots of ice) at O'Reilley's in Frankfurt.

Everyone else was drinking it so I thought I'd give it a go and parted with 6.5 Euros.....and do believe the hype - very nice indeed.

But until yestyerday I hadn't even heard of it!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Jesus Gul said:
Just had my first Mangers experience (yes big bottle lots of ice) at O'Reilley's in Frankfurt.

Everyone else was drinking it so I thought I'd give it a go and parted with 6.5 Euros.....and do believe the hype - very nice indeed.

But until yestyerday I hadn't even heard of it!!
Drinking at 9:30 in the morning?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Magners has developed into my number one drink :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ice is a must...

lovely after a day of cricket in the sun...

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i find magners a bit bland... totally agree with the bloody good marketing of it! its not bad but everyones going crazy over it which is a bit odd..... :)

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
If you like bland, mass-produced alcoholic piss-water, Magners is probably a very nice drink. I had a bottle of it on Friday, and the best thing I can say about it is that I've had worse.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Put it this way - if I want to get trollied I'll drink it - cheap and palatable - not like enjoying a pint of real sussex cider..

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Also became a victim of the marketing and parted 3 quid for a litr bottle from my new favourite shop 'bargain booze' in Saltdean. Is this whats opened in Seaford? Hope so because draught Harveys 5 mins walk from my house is very appealing :drink:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Get down your local huttons, Kingston Press £1.09 for a 668ml bottle of 6% cider.
The colouring alone is worth the money :thumbsup:

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Just got back from a weekend in Dublin and Magners is indeed Bulmers over there. Everything is exactly the same except for the name on the label on the bottle. Of course, it doesn't even come close to a pint of Dublin Guinness though!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Grendel said:
Which is, of course, exactly the same as the stuff you get in England.

Though I do reckon it's different in DUBBERS. It seems to be thicker out there, maybe it's just the pubs are better run.

If it really is the same drink as Bulmers, this has got to be staggering marketing triumph of the year.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Though I do reckon it's different in DUBBERS. It seems to be thicker out there, maybe it's just the pubs are better run.

A friend of mine has a theory that they use a different gas mix in Ireland to what's used over here, which sounds fairly plausible.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
As goes Bulmers - this confuses lots of people

The Bulmers you get in the UK is -not- the same as Magners. The Bulmers you get in Ireland is the same, and you don't get UK Bulmers here. Its a licencing deal from the 1950s to use the name.

I still maintain that its alcoholic Cidona though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here