Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Magners Irish Cider.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's certainly drinkable but massively overpriced for what it is.
Theres much nicer cider to choose from round these parts.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yes it's a very, very good marketing ploy, yes is over priced, but is very nice imo. I find, as someone earlier said that it doesn't bloat you anywhere near as much as beer does. Yes the ice is a must :drink: :drink: :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Westons is indeed the orgasmic cider from the Brewery Tap. The yellow bottle is the tipple of choice & the green bottle is LaugingAndFallingDownWater.

Magners with ice is a smooth and splendid non-lager Summer drink, with the ice keeping it cold til the bottom of the glass. Simple but effective. Has to be the BIG bottle, mind.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Woodchip said:
Slightly off topic.... The beer from Middle Farm is nice (Wonky Ferrett or something similar). Anyone tried their cider?

It's amazing how many of those free little cups you can drink without falling over. Don't forget the smoked cheese while you're there.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Tom Hark said:
Westons is indeed the orgasmic cider from the Brewery Tap. The yellow bottle is the tipple of choice & the green bottle is LaugingAndFallingDownWater.

Magners with ice is a smooth and splendid non-lager Summer drink, with the ice keeping it cold til the bottom of the glass. Simple but effective. Has to be the BIG bottle, mind.
I never need ice in my drink for it to be cold by the time you reach the bottom of the glass...........you just need to speed up your supping Tom.:drink: :drink:
Doug is teaching me, though i'll NEVER be able to keep up with him;)

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there is nothing better after a heavy night than a pint of magners first drink the next day. with ice, it is just so refreshing

before going out on a 'saving' session these days, i will always start with magners as it is refreshing and gives you the taste and appetite to move onto bigger and better apple juice, such as scrumpy

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We used to sell it at the pub, but we now sell bottles of Bulmers....much nicer as its not as sweet.:drink: :drink: :drink:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Woodchip said:
Slightly off topic.... The beer from Middle Farm is nice (Wonky Ferrett or something similar). Anyone tried their cider?

Yes and yessssss :lol:

The cider from middle farm was fantastic - we bought a couple of pints of various types and not one was bad...

Magners is ok, but its a rather strange colour...

Real cider is the best, but you have to have the consitution of a bull to have more than 3 or 4 pints...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
its sort of become my official drink of this world cup :drink: really nice stuff , and a perfect warm up for stronger drinks later on :cool:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
North Stand Nutter said:
We used to sell it at the pub, but we now sell bottles of Bulmers....much nicer as its not as sweet.:drink: :drink: :drink:

Because it's the same company. I think it might be to do with the fact that Bulmers own Strongbow as well and they wanted to completely rebrand cider or summat. Oh I don't f***ing know, I'm talking out me arse.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just back from the pub watching the Germany game - had a try of it, and quite impressed i was (although that's just as well, at £3 the bottle). Easy to drink, and particularly refreshing with the ice.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It tastes like alcoholic Cidona (which is made by the same company, oddly enough), and resultingly is drunk mostly by kids here.

Its actually called Bulmers here due to them having licenced the name off the UK Bulmers years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here