Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But on the back of beating Watford - come on.

At least wait until 10 points have been rattled off from Watford to Villa then come out swinging.

Maybe it’s on the back of a seven match unbeaten run …and let’s face it if we hadn’t beaten Watford..the knives would have been out by some…still you know this, as you are on the wind up

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. The original poster is one of the most loathsome on this forum in my opinion, so I certainly wasn't trying to defend them - it was more a general point about the danger of killing discussion by bouncing old threads with the purpose of quoting out of context.

Maybe not, but I bounced the thread after it was dormant for a while, so I'm 'guilty' of what your saying you don't like people doing.

Ironically, it seems to have generated more discussion, not killed it, which, IMO can only be a good thing.

Fine, voice an opinion – no problem with that at all. But when it's *that* knee-jerk and reactionary, I don't see the point. Especially if it is just there to 'wind people up' :shrug:

Unless you make it really obvious that you're taking the piss, like ENREST used to, it just highlights you as a bit of an attention-seeking tit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But on the back of beating Watford - come on.

At least wait until 10 points have been rattled off from Watford to Villa then come out swinging.

Nah.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Maybe not, but I bounced the thread after it was dormant for a while, so I'm 'guilty' of what your saying you don't like people doing.

Ironically, it seems to have generated more discussion, not killed it, which, IMO can only be a good thing.

Fine, voice an opinion – no problem with that at all. But when it's *that* knee-jerk and reactionary, I don't see the point. Especially if it is just there to 'wind people up' :shrug:

Unless you make it really obvious that you're taking the piss, like ENREST used to, it just highlights you as a bit of an attention-seeking tit.

I honestly didn't know who had bounced the thread, I certainly wasn't calling you out. I don't disagree regarding the original poster, they're not a serious person or someone worth engaging with. But the larger point stands for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe it’s on the back of a seven match unbeaten run …and let’s face it if we hadn’t beaten Watford..the knives would have been out by some…still you know this, as you are on the wind up

Nope you're wrong across the board with this.

I don't think Junior et al would have reared up until after Villa if the point at Vicarage was the portent of an unlikely downward slump.

After Villa we're 'you win some - you lose some' until the end of the season.
Pretty much securing whatever position the team are in when starting that run.

There are free points on offer tonight.
At least 4 (can't commit to 6, Albion through and through!! ) must get points to follow.

So get past Villa with a haul under the belt.
Hopefully have an excited side eye on Europe.
Then vanquish the Rodney's.

None of that happens because of a load of (good) draws and one result against a woeful Watford.

Sadly I can't continue this conversation as my stalker won't let me explain myself when asked direct questions from fellow posters.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope you're wrong across the board with this.

I don't think Junior et al would have reared up until after Villa if the point at Vicarage was the portent of an unlikely downward slump.

After Villa we're 'you win some - you lose some' until the end of the season.
Pretty much securing whatever position the team are in when starting that run.

There are free points on offer tonight.
At least 4 (can't commit to 6, Albion through and through!! ) must get points to follow.

So get past Villa with a haul under the belt.
Hopefully have an excited side eye on Europe.
Then vanquish the Rodney's.

None of that happens because of a load of (good) draws and one result against a woeful Watford.

Sadly I can't continue this conversation as my stalker won't let me explain myself when asked direct questions from fellow posters.

Not sure what you are on about re the stalker bit but hey ho

It’s actually three wins and some good draws..but let’s not that get in the way…..

Yep I agree with the first three sentences

Personally I’ve learnt after all these years to not get too carried away either way.

Am I right in thinking u r there tonight? Enjoy!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Like you've only got 1. :cool:

TBH either a lot of my fan club have mellowed with age, or I have (maybe just a bit of both) as we all seem to be getting on ok.

But there always has to be one fly in the ointment.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Surely Graham Potter has taken us as far as he can.

11 without a win, soul destroying boring boring football, continued denial that we need a striker and utterly perplexing substitutions week in week out.

People bang on about where he's got us, potterball, suggesting I'm trolling etc. I'm not, I've been trying to get this across to you for 2 seasons now. If this is Potterball it's an actual pile of shit. Football is about winning and scoring goals and we do neither.

We are sinking like the titanic and Potter is out of his depth.

???

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think it's pretty poor form to quote someone out of context, months and months and months down the line to score points.

Actually is was less than 2 months ago when the OP started the thread from when you posted this.

It's exactly 2 months today this thread was started. Yes if it was 2 years ago, I'd not argue even though I could see what GPott was trying to do.

We were sitting 13th with as many points as Norwich and Newcastle added together and 9 points off the relegation places when this thread was started.

So Junior deserves to be ridiculed imo. He's just a tedious bore, not remotely funny, entertaining or interesting.

Don't try and defend the indefensible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stick your head above the parapet and spout bollocks on NSC and you’ll be called out when you end up looking a complete mug. It was ever thus, however hilarious you think you are being.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually is was less than 2 months ago when the OP started the thread from when you posted this.

It's exactly 2 months today this thread was started. Yes if it was 2 years ago, I'd not argue even though I could see what GPott was trying to do.

We were sitting 13th with as many points as Norwich and Newcastle added together and 9 points off the relegation places when this thread was started.

So Junior deserves to be ridiculed imo. He's just a tedious bore, not remotely funny, entertaining or interesting.

Don't try and defend the indefensible.
and the difference in performances between then and now feels like 2 years have past.

Everything you say is right.
It was as stupid then as it is now, but posters do conveniently forget there was a reason for spouting such bollox.
In much the same way there was a reason a few people booed.

Judging by what's happened since they ought to be awarded 'fans of the season'.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
and the difference in performances between then and now feels like 2 years have past.

Everything you say is right.
It was as stupid then as it is now, but posters do conveniently forget there was a reason for spouting such bollox.
In much the same way there was a reason a few people booed.

Judging by what's happened since they ought to be awarded 'fans of the season'.

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GP has waded in too deep again tonight hasn’t he? :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It occurred to me today that a number of bigger clubs will be looking at Potter and thinking that, if he can get the type of football Albion play out of their world class acts, he's worth a punt at their next sacking.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It occurred to me today that a number of bigger clubs will be looking at Potter and thinking that, if he can get the type of football Albion play out of their world class acts, he's worth a punt at their next sacking.

Is it the first time it's occurred to you?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here