Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
As annoying as the ad is, and it is very very irritating, I find myself wondering who thought up the idea that it would seem credible to have two bank employees anchoring some sort of radio show. What is it? Halifax FM?!? who the f*** would listen?

"Ooooh Dave, stick Halifax FM on, I just love to hear them talk about their range of financial products!" what a wank concept. I've always detested Halifax Ads and based on that reason alone refuse to ever consider them as a customer. Similarly - Go Compare and a host of others will never find me as a customer.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I dont mind the halifax ad wit the blonde chic who nods her head to "yeah, yeah, yeah" shes bangable

As we on the topic of ads anyone noticed them tetleys catroons are back, where have they been for so long lol wernt they replaced by jonny vegas?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Blonde, broken cup....you must mean Sarah Applewood!

SarahApplewood.jpg

505110_721567.jpg

And her acting as a 15 year old 5 years ago (I think it's her): http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi2880701209/

Attachments

• halifax.JPG
    halifax.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1,563
Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
She looks like the sort of bird who is all prim and proper during the day in the office but get a few Gin & Tonics down her and she turns into a raving nympho who will shag your brains out and then stalk you to within an inch of your life.

That's the dream. :blush:

I'm glad other people share my liking of her. I was starting to worry it was just me.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
.... Has got to be the most frickin annoying ad ever!:tantrum:

I mean, someone actually paid a marketing company to come up with that crap and then mulled it over and agreed it would be a great way to attract business.

Every time it comes on I want to punch that bint and ram that microphone right up her overdraft facility.

Don't get me started on this one lol. Its constantly on the radio too, and that whispering of ISA, ISA baby drives me bloody mad, and then I get images of that women in the bloody advert.

The worst adverts have to be from Natwest thou, you know the ones where they sit down the customers and make out they are listening, and how they have introduced money sense programmes to schools. I don't think the Natwest are in any place to dish out advice on how to manage your money do you?

NatWest obviously think were idiots | Blinded by Bullshit

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As annoying as the ad is, and it is very very irritating, I find myself wondering who thought up the idea that it would seem credible to have two bank employees anchoring some sort of radio show. What is it? Halifax FM?!? who the f*** would listen?

"Ooooh Dave, stick Halifax FM on, I just love to hear them talk about their range of financial products!" what a wank concept. I've always detested Halifax Ads and based on that reason alone refuse to ever consider them as a customer. Similarly - Go Compare and a host of others will never find me as a customer.

To be fair Ocean Finance have their own TV channel and their ratings have been on the up and up.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
QUOTE]

No different to all the other stations whose sole purpose is to be played in a national chain. This I am sure is where the idea was pinched from.

Still you know you watch too much TV when every advert causes you annoyance as it does me but this lady just freeks me out.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How can we discuss banking adverts without remembering this classic:

[yt]dLAzdB1RvTU[/yt]

This is how banks used to look when I started working in them - only a small space for customers and a huge area for staff to drink coffee, have a fag, leave confidential papers lying around and disappear off to the stationery cupboard with the latest naive just out of school girl to join :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But it works!

The other day I was at in the car listening to the radio, and merely at the mention of "ISA", I was singing "Isa Isa baby" to myself. Therefore in my mind that have made the association of : ISA = that ad = Halifax.

Sorry to disagree, but that means the marketing guys have done a superb job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here