Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That Crystal Palace banner

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Shame we didn’t have something similar for City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone would think there might be a bit of jealousy combined with resentment at a relegation candidate getting unlimited funding rather than real concerns about dodgy owners/oil money corrupting the game ....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On a NUFC forum, a couple of posters have said because it darkened the skin of the Saudi.

In fairness, others have said it wasn’t racist in the slightest.

Ridiculous. Middle Easterners generally have darker skin than westerners, that's just fact.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You’d think maybe at the moment the police would have other things to prioritise….. is free speech no longer a thing?
I dread to think what threats and new rules our club will dream up for this fixture in a fortnight.

No doubt. I’d say Newcastle fans wearing tea towels on their heads is more racist and at worst ‘cultural appropriation’.

**** em. Hope they go down.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Good for them protesting. Hope we do something too. A few caveats about the banner though. Some of the textual information is spot on but the design is tacky and the caricature could be seen as stereotypical and therefore racist. I hope we do it better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Borrowing that banner and displaying it at The Amex would be a great way of showing that despite being bitter rivals we can stand together with Palace on human rights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here