Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That commentator

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
re: the commentator

appalling lack of professionalism and unparalleled bias the like of which I haven't heard
before.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sour grapes.

Of course there's no such thing as a biased Albion commentator is there, no of course not.

the bloke is a BBC commentator I believe. On seagulls player you expect an albion slant ofcourse.

I can honestly say hand on heart that was one of the worst commentaries I have ever heard. It was like he'd forgotten 2 teams were playing.

Check the stream thread for our comments on him during the first half when all was even stevens.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He was extremely biased towards Southampton and seemed desperate for them to get a 4th, never once did he comment that it would have been harsh on us as we had conceeded 2 penalties that he begrudgingly admitted were not penalties at one stage then following that claimed they were only "possibly not penalties" for the rest of the match - how is a yard outside maybe not a penalty? If it had been against Southampton he would have been very vocal about it being a wrong decision. He just wanted us to lose but several more.

Truely a terrible commentator which i felt like muting towards the end of the match but didn't as i wasn't the only one watching the stream.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
He certainly didn't help my mood! He said that Saints improvement in the last couple of seasons was somehow some kind of universal football feelgood story, and effectively said he hoped they would score more when he said he hoped he hadn't cursed the match by saying it would probably end 3-0.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Laughable.

I think he called one decision "virtual assault" on Lambert, when he went down like a sack if shit.

What a nobber

Give over. Not once did Painter look at the ball during that, he kept his eyes on Lambert and pushing him with two hands.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Watched it on the Football League Show with a family member who is not a Brighton fan.

Asked him his unbiased opinion on the 6 penalty shouts Saints had and he didn't think any of them were penalties but said if you make that many appeals your bound to get some of them.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I can take the losing.
What I couldn't take were the awful referee penalty decisions coupled with the totally biased commentating.

Had a go at him on Twitter for what's its worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here