Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That British tennis player is doing brilliantly

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The secret agenda to most people's dislike is that they have relatively no idea about tennis and find it boring. They then do whatever possible to say it is shit whether it be simply stating their opinion or using a scapegoat such as the "I hate Murray" one.

Tennis is different to other sports, you don't play for England you play for Great Britain, therefore you do your best to support the player from Great Britain. If you don't like him or Tennis then piss off and moan about the intellectual delights of Alan Navarro and Craig Davies.

We just need to get behind the lad. Every time there is a slight whiff of success some morons do their delightful best to turn the situation on it's head and make it extremely negative like they are some sort of scribe to the daily mail, pulverizing the life out of joy and taking us into some sort of alternative, grim, Eastenders paradox.

He is a bit of a boring twat, but he is a magnificent athlete and wipes the floor with the quaint English persona. He is very well liked around the tennis world and we should hopefully give him the same sort of support. I do hope he smashes Federer/Tsonga on Sunday and the misery of British tennis by winning a grand slam.

Word mother, word....:thumbsup:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
We just need to get behind the lad. .

You know what. I actually think the fact some people don't give two shits about him actually helps him.

Can you imagine the hysteria if Henman was in the Final? It would be 'come on Tim' overload and the poor bloke would have more pressure on his shoulders than Gordon Brown. Half the population (me included) couldn't even tell you what day he is playing on.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The secret agenda to most people's dislike is that they have relatively no idea about tennis and find it boring. They then do whatever possible to say it is shit whether it be simply stating their opinion or using a scapegoat such as the "I hate Murray" one.

Tennis is different to other sports, you don't play for England you play for Great Britain, therefore you do your best to support the player from Great Britain. If you don't like him or Tennis then piss off and moan about the intellectual delights of Alan Navarro and Craig Davies.

We just need to get behind the lad. Every time there is a slight whiff of success some morons do their delightful best to turn the situation on it's head and make it extremely negative like they are some sort of scribe to the daily mail, pulverizing the life out of joy and taking us into some sort of alternative, grim, Eastenders paradox.

He is a bit of a boring twat, but he is a magnificent athlete and wipes the floor with the quaint English persona. He is very well liked around the tennis world and we should hopefully give him the same sort of support. I do hope he smashes Federer/Tsonga on Sunday and the misery of British tennis by winning a grand slam.

Nope - disagree. He may be a good tennis player, but he'll keep getting cut down if he continues to come across as like you say a twat.

All countries cut down their tall poppies, no where more so than the bottom feeding Sun and Mirror fed country that we live in. Until he stops coming across like an ungrateful child, he'll be unliked.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Nope - disagree. He may be a good tennis player, but he'll keep getting cut down if he continues to come across as like you say a twat.

All countries cut down their tall poppies, no where more so than the bottom feeding Sun and Mirror fed country that we live in. Until he stops coming across like an ungrateful child, he'll be unliked.

i dont know about that,many of the morons who post/talk about him being a scottish twat etc etc have just followed the bandwagon after murrays comments about cheering on England to lose at football. Thats a load of bollocks anyway as show me a scot that wants England to do well at football. i do agree that he shouldn't expect support from many English when he doesn't support us but as someone said Tennis is an individual sport on the whole and i wouldnt think he realy cares about the lack of support.

anyway the guy is a class act,il argue with anyone who disagrees with that point,Yes he hasnt won a slam yet(i think this will change sunday morning) but he is a great athlete,can hit winners from anywhere but still has good touch and his mental game has improved vastly. He beat Nadal fairly well Tuesday and has only dropped one set in a slam!

might come accross as a bit of a tosser but class player! and for the people that dont like Tennis in the slightest who post on this thread...why why WHY!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
anyway the guy is a class act,il argue with anyone who disagrees with that point,Yes he hasnt won a slam yet(i think this will change sunday morning) but he is a great athlete,can hit winners from anywhere but still has good touch and his mental game has improved vastly. He beat Nadal fairly well Tuesday and has only dropped one set in a slam!

I didn't say he wasn't - but as with alot sports people - your off court antics will overshadow your on court performances... sad but true. I still can't warm to him, good tennis player or not.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What are his off court antics?

He seems to be genuinely popular with a lot of the players on tour. They are the ones that will know him best.

Edit: Not directed at you Ted, but I still don't see how he comes across as being a tosser.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
This is horrible. I'm going to be gutted if that twat wins anything major. Roger, I can't explain how much my heart is with you for the next few days:bowdown:

Who Murray? Another major? Hasn't won one before :lolol:

Definately deserves this slam and should be a great final on Sunday (once Federer sees off Tsonga, prediction 4 sets)

Glad to see some tennis fans on here :clap2:

Having met him a few times at Falmer, the man is a legend :clap2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't quite get all the fuss ? so, for the first time in 70 years we have produced a non English player of a minority elitist sport who may or may not win something. I think most peoples lives will remain unchanged and no great civilisations will fall and no planets will fall in to the sun whatever happens.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Who Murray? Another major? Hasn't won one before :lolol:

Definately deserves this slam and should be a great final on Sunday (once Federer sees off Tsonga, prediction 4 sets)

Glad to see some tennis fans on here :clap2:

Having met him a few times at Falmer, the man is a legend :clap2:

when i saw him up there he did look a very moody,and considering he was chilling on the quiz machiene i thought it a tad weird! bring back kim to team murray i say:thumbsup:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
when i saw him up there he did look a very moody,and considering he was chilling on the quiz machiene i thought it a tad weird! bring back kim to team murray i say:thumbsup:

:laugh: Are you a member up Falmer? Used to play tennis with Kims brother Scott, nice lass is Kim:thumbsup:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
:laugh: Are you a member up Falmer? Used to play tennis with Kims brother Scott, nice lass is Kim:thumbsup:

was for about 10 years,not now..yeah iv played him a few times but was never really same level as some of the falmer kiddies,if your a decent tennis player and went to villa and ended up on the tube with a few of brightons finest last week i know exactly who you are?...if not,i may still know you even by face

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Two of the best shots I have ever seen at a tennis match were played by Murray today, as good as that through the legs winner Fed did last year

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
TCB obviously not keen on Murray,but probably thinks this is about Glenda,not Andy:facepalm:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
was for about 10 years,not now..yeah iv played him a few times but was never really same level as some of the falmer kiddies,if your a decent tennis player and went to villa and ended up on the tube with a few of brightons finest last week i know exactly who you are?...if not,i may still know you even by face

I used to be up there playing six days a week and was a decent player. And yes I went to Villa..

When you say Brighton's finest, are we talking about the 7:10 out of Birmingham? :blush:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He is a bit of a boring twat, but he is a magnificent athlete and wipes the floor with the quaint English persona

Andy is one of the funniest, coolest sportsmen I've ever spoken to. One of the reasons for that is because he will never give anything away to the media. Why should he? You want another Henman, eager to please but ultimately not able to let his tennis do the talking? Judge him on his standard interviews, think he's a twat, miss out on supporting possibly the best British tennis player ever. You can't get to where he's got to by being boring/a twat. The guy's a genius and will become a legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here