Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That British tennis player is doing brilliantly

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Everyone's FAVOURITE British tennis player goes marching into the SEMI's. :clap:

Laura Robson wasted little time in seeing off unseeded American Ester Goldfeld to reach the semi-finals of the Australian Open girls' singles.

The 16-year-old Briton, who lost in the quarter-finals of the women's doubles on Wednesday, swept to a 6-1 6-0 win in 43 minutes on Court 6.

She will next play 17-year-old Kristyna Pliskova after the Czech knocked out top seed Timea Babos.

Robson lost to Russia's Ksenia Pervak in last year's final.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's tennis, therefore I don't care.

He's Scottish, therefore I care even less.

Others should follow my lead.:glare:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Everyone's FAVOURITE British tennis player goes marching into the SEMI's. :clap:

Laura Robson wasted little time in seeing off unseeded American Ester Goldfeld to reach the semi-finals of the Australian Open girls' singles.

The 16-year-old Briton, who lost in the quarter-finals of the women's doubles on Wednesday, swept to a 6-1 6-0 win in 43 minutes on Court 6.

She will next play 17-year-old Kristyna Pliskova after the Czech knocked out top seed Timea Babos.

Robson lost to Russia's Ksenia Pervak in last year's final.

Does anyone else find this ironic that trigger is cheering on an Australian?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
In this instance, for example, you wouldn't call Andy Murray a runt to his face, for the well-founded fear of having your fat, speccy, dweeby face redecorated all over the carpet of your dreary rented flat in the arse end of mid Sussex or whatever exciting place it is you live.

Most amusing, however I will be eating Chocolate under my Cuckoo club whilst stashing vast quantities of cash in my bank account on Sunday (or whenever it is).

Come on Roge beat the frog then the jock. It will be insufferable if he wins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on Roge beat the frog then the jock. It will be insufferable if he wins.

What do you mean "insufferable" ?

murray3_185x360_678157a.jpg

Oh yes, I see now.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I sometimes wonder why I dislike him so much. Then I see a picture like that and catch an interview on the radio in His 'I...hit...the..ball..over..the..net' drone and I find myself cheering on Cillit bang or any other random tennis player he happens to be playing against.

Besides which tennis is one of the mainstreams sports I really couldn't care less about. I think I'd rather settle down to an afternoon of bowls.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I sometimes wonder why I dislike him so much. Then I see a picture like that and catch an interview on the radio in His 'I...hit...the..ball..over..the..net' drone and I find myself cheering on Cillit bang or any other random tennis player he happens to be playing against.

92496210he7.jpg

Hmmm

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was a decent article in the Observer (I think) about Murray. He was questioned about his 'moody' attitude towards his interviews. It seems that he is eating, sleeping and breathing tennis through out the year and doesn't really like talking about it as well.

I thought he came across rather well in his most recent interviews on court. Not everyone is a natural in front of thee cameras, particularly from 16/17 to your early 20s. It comes with practice, I imagine.

The secret agenda to most people's dislike is that they have relatively no idea about tennis and find it boring. They then do whatever possible to say it is shit whether it be simply stating their opinion or using a scapegoat such as the "I hate Murray" one.

Tennis is different to other sports, you don't play for England you play for Great Britain, therefore you do your best to support the player from Great Britain. If you don't like him or Tennis then piss off and moan about the intellectual delights of Alan Navarro and Craig Davies.

We just need to get behind the lad. Every time there is a slight whiff of success some morons do their delightful best to turn the situation on it's head and make it extremely negative like they are some sort of scribe to the daily mail, pulverizing the life out of joy and taking us into some sort of alternative, grim, Eastenders paradox.

He is a bit of a boring twat, but he is a magnificent athlete and wipes the floor with the quaint English persona. He is very well liked around the tennis world and we should hopefully give him the same sort of support. I do hope he smashes Federer/Tsonga on Sunday and the misery of British tennis by winning a grand slam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here