Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That British tennis player is doing brilliantly

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He is known for his counter-attacking tactics, but that should not take anything away from the man. That was not his gameplan today. Anyway, on that note, he is still ahead on wins against the faultless Federer, who is arguably the finest player ever to grace the tennis court.

He proved a lot of people wrong today. He play some exceptional tennis and he was thoroughly entertaining in the courtside interview, despite being disappointed to win by default.

Who are we to argue with Nadal?

"Andy played really well. I think he is at an unbelievable level, no? I think my level was very high today, too. My best I think. He is going to have a big chance to win this tournament."

Stumpy Tim

Haha, I've heard it all now! By this ludicrous definition the only people in the entire world that would be able to criticise or raise doubts about sportsmen are fellow sportsmen who have won MORE honours. Might as well close down nsc, as well as every sport website, newspaper and radio station, right now then.

Well I just assumed that without the amount of criticism you spout on NSC, you must have something to back it up with. Surely?

forumid123

Jan 27, 2010
Good to see that the performance has been excellent all through.. But retirement so soon hurts along the way..

smile.gif

Stumpy Tim

Er, it's called being a sports fan. I like a few teams/players and I dislike a few teams/players. I like some sports, I dislike some sports. I rate some individuals, I do not rate others. Your original post is basically saying noone should have an OPINION.

Err... no it doesn't. I would just assume that someone who says a top-5 tennis player is a "RUNT" & doesn't hit any good shots back, or that professional football players should crawl off & die (just taking 2 examples), would have achieved something with their lives to be able to judge what makes people successful.

Alas, it appears you're a slightly chubby dullard with nothing better to do that slag off sportsmen. Best of luck with it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fine result, he had the better of rafa before his knee gave out.

He should reach the final, but being British im sure he will choke.... although saying that he doesnt seem to do that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well no, you're just being short sighted if you think I just slag them off. There are dozens that I ADORE, many more that I admire and thousands I couldn't give a shit about either way.

Although I like the fact I've been called a slightly chubby dullard from SYDNEY! That's one of the nicest and most complimentary things I've had said to me in ages:thumbsup:

how would you like to be called a chubby , opinionated , self righteous ,irritating , dullard BY SYDNEY from PERTH...EH ?? correct me if i'm wrong and i'm most positively sure you will but did you used to be fat badger 'cos if you did you were just as irritating then......:US:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, it's called being a sports fan. I like a few teams/players and I dislike a few teams/players. I like some sports, I dislike some sports. I rate some individuals, I do not rate others. Your original post is basically saying noone should have an OPINION.
But in an effort to have your opinion recognised over and above other people on here, you always resort to the sort of language you wouldn't DREAM of using in front of the sportsman you're slagging off, as opposed to simply articulating your points more coherently.

In this instance, for example, you wouldn't call Andy Murray a runt to his face, for the well-founded fear of having your fat, speccy, dweeby face redecorated all over the carpet of your dreary rented flat in the arse end of mid Sussex or whatever exciting place it is you live.

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
A question for you all.............................................

Why don't we see any white dog poo these days?????

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

well Mr Badger....I've got an opinion :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hope he breaks his leg asap.

thank you for that input

:tosser:

Was he on steroids when that was taken? It looks nothing like the little RUNT that runs around at the back of the court annoyingly keeping everything in play but not offering a decent shot of his own.

just maybe if you poked your head outside FDM's arse a little bit more you could see the TV and you would see that he has hit more winners than Federer, who incidentally has played 21 more games than Murray so far.

Try again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here